Battlestation: Humanity's Last Hope

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
This kickstarter was brought to my attention from another update. It's called Battlestation: Humanity's Last Hope, and described as Babylon 5 meets Faster Than Light.

Immerse yourself in an alternate universe and take command of the newly built Battlestation, designed to be the last defense for earth against oncoming threat. A sci-fi roguelike game with a rich and deep story - welcome to the Battlestation universe!

With every new game being a new story, Battlestation offers a new, fresh experience every time, driven by modern roguelike gameplay. All the features implemented in Battlestation give you many strategic options and a significant depth to the game for you to explore.

In a universe with 4 known species and an unknown approaching darkness you are called upon to defend humanity, with its last best hope to survive. The Battlestation.

Not only will you be defending against relentless attacks, but you will also lead away missions to investigate derelict ships, to discover new technology, to assist mining outposts, save crew in distress, deal with traps, and other unforeseen events.

Inspired by character creation in Fallout, Mass Effect and Icewind Dale, Battlestation gives you the opportunity to create and develop the skills and personality of a true leader.
You have 4 types of skills:

• Warfare - Command military assets.
  • Engineering - Construct and repair your station.
  • Research - Develop new technology.
  • Diplomacy - Haggle, beg or threaten your alien neighbors.
Depending on how you choose to grow as a character, gaining experience and improving specific skills, you will develop a different personality throughout each game affecting the outcome in a variety of ways.
Link -https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1190981065/battlestation-humanitys-last-hope

Last edited:
I like the voice of the AI Eden - well made video.

Looks like kickstarter should be renamed to Roguestarter, what's with all the 'rogue-like' games? I guess it's the best genre for indies, as they don't have to spend that much on content, instead there is small content that you're supposed to play and replay and replay.

Yeah - I could imagine this one as a normal, not rogue-like game, too.

Seems funding was cancelled since I last I checked out the game.

Link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1190981065/battlestation-humanitys-last-hope
We did not succeed this time but we have not given up. Thank you for your support, it really helps us believe in Battlestation. We will come back in 2015 with more material to show. See below how you can help right now.

Vote and join Thunderclap here with Facebook and Twitter: http://thndr.it/1wFTUTW

We'll be back! Please join the Thunderclap and support Battlestation, you will be reminded automatically once we re-launch. Don't miss it! The more people join Thunderclap, the more we can believe in the concept and make it a reality for you. Join and like us also through the links below, we will keep you up to date and you can follow the progress.

Back
Top Bottom