Paper Sorcerer - Now Available on GOG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Paper Sorcerer is now available on GOG for $3.99. At this price it's well worth a buy to play something original, and help the games developer.

A powerful sorcerer is on the cusp of dominating the land. A group of heroes bands together and seals him away inside a magical tome. Now as the sorcerer you must escape from this ancient prison and find a way to regain your magical powers using your wits and an array of summonable creatures to aid you. There may be more powerful forces at work as you navigate the dungeons and fight the heroes sent to subdue you...

Paper Sorcerer is a stylish single player turn based RPG focused on strategy, party-building, and environmental puzzles. Fight with the skills and spells you've learned in a battle system that emphasizes strategy over grinding. Assemble a party of monsters and dark creatures to fight alongside you. Explore and solve environmental puzzles to unlock secret paths and find extra loot! A double-sided adventure, an RPG with adventure game elements.
More information.

Anyone familiar with this game?
The art looks promising (Frank Miller, eat yer heart out), but the ad blurb does not say a word about the story. Is it worth?

Yes, I know, RPGs are not *always* hot on stories, but if the game says that it is an RPG with adventure elements, I expect a more or less strong focus on the storyline as well

(Also, slightly off-topic: have any of you played RPGs with good stories? Please ignore the obvious ones, let's concentrate on the obscure ones for a bit.)

Anyone familiar with this game?
The art looks promising (Frank Miller, eat yer heart out), but the ad blurb does not say a word about the story. Is it worth?

Yes, I know, RPGs are not *always* hot on stories, but if the game says that it is an RPG with adventure elements, I expect a more or less strong focus on the storyline as well

It's not masterpiece but it's good dungeon crawler in every way.Game has good story but like most dungeon crawlers it's more focused on exploration and combat.

Last edited:
It's quite a fun little game. Though the initial release was pretty poor, the current version has fixed most of the problems. All in all, I highly recommend it.

If you like the old Wizardry games you will like it (in fact its inspired by Wizardry 4). Its a good game, but there is no automap (though the levels are pretty small). Game time is about 20 hours.

It was one of my favourite games of last year. Highly recommended. :)

Daniel.

I love Wizardry and for 3.99 I should really pick this up.

I have absolutely no idea when I'll get to playing it though.

Not much in the way of story, mostly brief descriptions of a succession of bosses, but definitely a worthwhile game at a great price. I had never played a game like it, so that's not nostalgia talking.

Back
Top Bottom