Antharion - New Video Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Thanks to tomasp3n I have the latest update for Antharion. Now remember the games developer only shows the updates for backers so give him a big thank you.

This month we put together a little video for you guys. You'll notice a new world map, I want to emphasize that it's missing its topographical icons (mountains, forests, bodies of waters, etc.) which will be added in this coming week. You'll also notice some "location" icons, these are cities or settlements which, as you discover them, will show up on your world map as fast-travel destination icons. We're going to restrict this as much as possible to the 10 or so city/settlements on Antharion's mainland. There will be island settlements but in Antharion anything not on the mainland is considered "uncharted" and so will not be visible on the world map. As for the release I will say that we are still on track for a December release. I should probably also mention that the accompanying music is an actual in-game atmospheric track by our composer Eric Gallardo. Thanks again everyone for your generous patience and support and enjoy the video!
More information.

Looks a bit like knight of the chalice. Seem a nice game !
Cant wait to give this one a try.

It reminds me of the older Ultima titles. I wish they could have uploaded a higher quality video though. It seems they're still using placeholder music as well.

looks interesting, but at the risk of sounding like a graphics whore - "a walking animation, a walking animation, my kingdom for a walking animation!". Blob shadows would also help.

I have nothing against the art itself but it looks far too sterile, needs more clutter. I also don't really like when things arent in scale with the characters (like that minature ship).

In these type of 2D games you dont need to wory about performance so they should take advantage of that and make more detailed environments, that's why 2D is still great in the first place.

In these type of 2D games you dont need to wory about performance so they should take advantage of that and make more detailed environments, that's why 2D is still great in the first place.
Well these guys didn't have a lot of money (~$20K total budget?) to spend on more detailed graphics. It's tile based, there's not a lot going on visually, but Knights of the Chalice had the same disadvantages but is one of the best RPGs I've ever played. The release date was also pushed 17 months ahead of the original estimate. I'd rather they release the game than keep working on the graphics.

Comparing any game to KotC is a huge compliment. I like the looks of this one, have to honestly say I thought it was maybe on the way to becoming vaporware, but I'm totally stoked bout playing this at some point.

Back
Top Bottom