Fable Legends - Got Windows 10 Questions?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Lionhead posted an FAQ for the PC version of Fable Legends on the games website.

Will Fable Legends release on Windows 10 and Xbox One at the same time?

While Xbox One and Windows 10 will experience a different beta testing schedule, the game is due to launch on both platforms at the same time.

Will Fable Legends use DX12?

Yes, as long as you have a DX12 graphics card! The fantastic Unreal Engine 4 combined with DX12 means Fable Legends promises to be one of the most visually stunning spectacles on PC – see for yourself by watching this video!

Will I be able to play Fable Legends on an earlier version of Windows?

Fable Legends is designed specifically to take advantage of the cross-device gameplay functionality that Windows 10 offers, and will be available exclusively to Windows 10 and Xbox One.
More information.

I hate this sh*t. This is not showing confidence in the product.

Well since they will give Windows 7 and 8(.1) users a free upgrade to Windows 10 this might not be a huge issue. Everybody who won't upgrade from their current Windows version is doing this to themselves ;)

I was thinking wow that is some awesome grapgics, really a big leap compared to anything else... until I realise it was live footage of the lionhead office or something like that.

The actual game looks to be nothing special in anyway after it gets to that.

Well since they will give Windows 7 and 8(.1) users a free upgrade to Windows 10 this might not be a huge issue.
I'm not sure what made people excited over this.
You're forgetting that free upgrade can happen only during one year.
If your rig farts 366 days after win 10 gets released or you buy a new one, you'll either have to use your old OS on the new one or you'll have to buy win 10.

And it seems companies also got hyped, in my own everyone is talking about that but noone bothered to read small letters - that Enterprise version of win7/8 will not be upgraded for free!

In the end it comes to "try before buy" business. Instead of having this already, Microsoft, finally, decided to allow that with win10. Their logic is probably that people refused to buy win8 because of crappy Metro confusing screenshots.
How stupid one can go? People didn't want to buy win8 because they don't have touchscreens and they don't need OS for touchscreens. I worked on win8, not hating metro but it's annoying as hell and not friently if you're on the mouse instead of "pull my finger".
I didn't notice win8 does anything better nor faster whan win7 (although all rigs I saw win 8 on had SSD so if there was some performance improvement over my win7 PC with SSD, it was an ignorable milisecond).

Instead of forcing their DESKTOP on phones, dunno how nor care, they're forcing inferior hardware crap on PC. That's why it didn't sell, not because win8 wasn't free for a year.
Oh, a certain "musthave" game exclusive will help sales? Are those people in Microsoft blind? Who cares for a new Fable game today? They'd get better results if they marketed a sequel of some avoidware hyped crap like Destiny.

Will I be able to play Fable Legends on an earlier version of Windows?

Fable Legends is designed specifically to take advantage of the cross-device gameplay functionality that Windows 10 offers, and will be available exclusively to Windows 10 and Xbox One.

So after years of developers asking Microsoft if their online game can have their PC and Xbox players play together and them refusing categorically, Microsoft finally decided to monetize the request.

It's Halo 2 all over again. :)

I'll be checking out the game eventually, but it's not something I'm terribly excited by.

It's Halo 2 all over again. :)

No, it's worse. Halo Vista only had a version check implemented that caused it not to run on XP. It was a DX9 game by all means (actually I think it uses nothing beyond DX8 anyway), while Fable Legends will use DX12.

So it might be possible that some talented blokes will force the game to be playable on Win 7/8.1 using DX11, but it will be of inferior quality.

Bummer.

Its kind of annoying but it's just the price of being a gamer I guess. It's no different than not being able to play a ps4 exclusive on a PS3. Just have to upgrade if you want to play it.

I will switch to 10 regardless and will buy a copy I don't like to upgrade. I want a clean install and a disk for future reinstalls.

As for fable legends, meh.

No, it's worse. Halo Vista only had a version check implemented that caused it not to run on XP. It was a DX9 game by all means (actually I think it uses nothing beyond DX8 anyway), while Fable Legends will use DX12.

So it might be possible that some talented blokes will force the game to be playable on Win 7/8.1 using DX11, but it will be of inferior quality.

Yes, but at least Fable Legends is actually taking advantage of a new API and will (supposedly) have new graphical effects to show for it. Halo 2 was a joke for the exact reason you mentioned. It was marketed as something it wasn't.

Since when has Fable garnered so much attention around here? :p I'll likely take advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 but it won't have anything to do with Fable.

yeah im definitely going to leap at the chance to take my perfectly-functioning windows 7 gaming rig and subject it to a buggy "upgrade". I cant wait to see how unintuitive this new edition is going to be, just for the sake of doing something new.

No, ill let the rest of you be the test rabbits. Let me know how that works out for you

Back
Top Bottom