BioWare - Mass Effect MP Rumours

If it's a spin-off, then sure why not. But make Mass Effect 3 more like the first again with possibly better exploration and consequences! Slightly deeper tactics/skills (not even by much) would be great as well. A little more like Dragon Age (not not too much)!

This supports my view that it might be rather some kind of FPS game. The weapon, remember ?
The weapon is always the focus of FPS games ...

This supports my view that it might be rather some kind of FPS game. The weapon, remember ?
The weapon is always the focus of FPS games …

Are you saying that Mass Effect is a FPS game, because that rifle is copied from the Incisor from Mass Effect 2.

It would also be a bit strange for the MMO/RPG division of EA to make a game that isn't a RPG or a MMO...

Bioware will make ME 3 easy enough for eight year olds to play and will be available for V-tec.

Bioware will make ME 3 easy enough for eight year olds to play and will be available for V-tec.

Man that's so hilarious and so true I almost laughed to death. They want to sell 10 million games.

What's so strange about sales projections in a multi-million dollar project?

Its an unrealistic goal that publishers dream of but rarely happens.Not every game can be a WOW.In case you dont know vtec is a children learning tool.So you see they can sell 10 million.

Two million copies of Mass Effect 2 were sold in the first week. I think it had sold over 6 million as of 6 months ago. Is 10 million really so unreachable? I don't know. I have no idea how fast sales go down over time.

Nah, I don't think it's unreachable.

If copies sold directly related to the experience, then it might have been - but it's more about shoving something down the throats of the audience and convincing sheep that something is "da bomb!", so they can go tell other sheep.

Bio/EA can probably manage that, as they seem quite motivated. They certainly don't seem to skimp on the marketing aspect, and they seem to have a bit of a budget for that as well.

It's a well-oiled machine that's only going to get ever more frictionless.

It seems Bio developers are happy with that particular arrangement, with them being takers and suits being the givers ;)

I think, truth be told, that Mass Effect is a good setting for a multiplayer game. Now, hear me out here.

1. There is demand for it.
2. If EA wanted a multiplayer "mode", this would be a better situation than tagging MP onto ME3.
3. If they make it a TPS rather than an FPS, they should be able to also rival MSG's Gears of War games.
4. It's a sci-fi setting with a variety of weaponry.
5. Story? In my multiplayer?!
6. Potential for character customisation and possible progress.

Just think, kiddies, this could be the next Unreal Tournament (It won't be, but that'd be cool). A multiplayer with a story, a degree of character choice (Unreal Tournament was quite varied, IMHO) and variety of weaponry. I would also guess that it's going to be a bit like other FPS games in that there'll be classes to choose from.

If this is real, then I think they should go for a TPS rather than an FPS. The market is flooded with FPS games with multiplayer capabilities, but if they take a lead out of Valve and (Early) Epic's book (i.e. the multiplayer being a separate product to the single player), we could see a good product being released. As it's possibly a BioWare Montreal production (I think that's what has been said, at least), it won't impact on Mass Effect 3 (As it's a BioWare Edmonton game).

Ah, I'm gonna have fun deciding what I'd like to see.

Yeah, Bioware going mainstream isn't enough - them going pure shooter is even better!

Haha, nah, whatever - it's going to get worse before it gets better. So I should welcome something like this.

Just wake me up in 5 years, when the mainstream starts demanding cerebral challenges. Someday, shooting stuff mindlessly won't be enough.

Obviously, the suits realised that Mass Effect 2 was already mostly a shooter. So, they have the assets and the engine. They even have a CoD level-up structure in place.

Not doing this, would be too painful to the opportunists - and we can't have that :)

Back
Top Bottom