Telepath Tactics - Small Review Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here are three new reviews for the just released Telepath Tactics this week. Also don't forget we are raffling off thee digital copies thanks to developer on our site.

MOUSE n JOYPAD - 72/100

Telepath Tactics brings some fresh ideas to the table, even as a game in the style of an old Fire Emblem title. Backstabbing enemies on the battlefield is great fun but is too often marred by technical glitches and a sometimes baffling story. Engagements with the enemy A.I. are often long and boring, although a wide variety of classes and cool character abilities makes this a game worth checking out, keeping its flaws in mind.
GameRant - 3.5/5

Telepath Tactics is an impressive title for such a small development team. The game mechanics themselves are well thought-out and the game, although slow going at first, brings in a very high level of challenge for tactical RPG players. There are some awkward character designs, and the game world and story may not be of the highest level, but underneath the game’s cheery graphical style lies the potential for hours upon hours of gameplay.
Modvive - 95/100

Fans of any Tactical RPG that want to try something that is different but still feels like the games you know and love, should give Telepath Tactics a try; and if you haven’t had the chance to play a Tactical RPG before, or are looking for something new, this should be worth every penny.
More information.

Might be something decent to play until Witcher 3 comes out...

I am having a blast with it ... happy with what Craig was able to put together.

I can't stop playing it - combat is 10x better than PoE.

There should be a way to save in the middle of a battle. I'm having a hard time to play this game, not only because of difficulty, but because I know I have to allocate a lot of time to it, so that I don't have to interrupt and restart a battle again.

There should be a way to save in the middle of a battle. I'm having a hard time to play this game, not only because of difficulty, but because I know I have to allocate a lot of time to it, so that I don't have to interrupt and restart a battle again.

Hmm... not sure I would like that, would encourage 'save scumming', which is... attack... miss? reload! (for difficult battles). Since to me resource management is part of the challenge, I think being able to save in the middle of a battle would do more harm than good. Saving before and after? I'm all for it.

I am a save scum, so I am not very happy with the game. And also don´t like the hyperscripted missions.

I don't like that he has released a patch but he's only releasing it on Steam and taking his sweet time to release it for the other platforms. This is part of a trend of indies treating customers on other platforms as second class citizens.

I don't like that he has released a patch but he's only releasing it on Steam and taking his sweet time to release it for the other platforms. This is part of a trend of indies treating customers on other platforms as second class citizens.

That was actually a reason why I have historically bought multi-platform releases on Steam ... I prefer GoG but like faster updates. I am in total agreement with your thoughts on this.

He can't say that it's because it takes more time to deal with platform holders because one of the options, the one I have picked, is DRM-free straight from the developer. He makes an update talking about his new patch, and I am like, where is the patch?

I don't like that I am penalized because I prefer to get a game that is actually mine and not a license for a service that I have to log into to authorize me playing the game.

I wont defend his decision to delay the patch, but I'm already use to patches being released late on GOG. Its one reason why I prefer to buy games on Steam.

Last edited:
Hmm… not sure I would like that, would encourage 'save scumming', which is… attack… miss? reload! (for difficult battles). Since to me resource management is part of the challenge, I think being able to save in the middle of a battle would do more harm than good. Saving before and after? I'm all for it.

The game could use Fire Emblem's system: it saves in the middle of battle when you quit. When you return to the game, the save is deleted. There a main save and there's the suspension state save. Maybe that's because of most FE games are on handheld consoles, but it sure would be handy for this game too.

Also, as someone here already mentioned, hyperscripted battles can get annoying, like that one where new enemies keep spawning so you couldn't never plan ahead. You'll end up dead and then replay the map, now knowing that that many enemies will spawn and adjust your strategy accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom