looking for an RPG with a good combat system

I believe the OP should buy console and play arcades.

Hit the "quote" button under the post that you want to quote or alternatively write it like this...

The OP wanted to know how to make "quote+" work, not regular quote.

@OP: To make quote+ work, you need to highlight all the posts you want to quote by clicking on 'quote+'. The 'quote+' button will change its color when you have successfully selected a post for multi-quoting.
Once you have selected all the posts that you want to quote, hit the 'reply' button at the bottom left rather than 'quote' and all the highlighted 'quote+' posts will appear in your reply with the correct quote tags.

Yeah, BoD is the king of all action rpgs, but currently its not easy game to get (legally) since it was removed from gog catalog. Hopefully they manage to solve the legal problems…

More info about it here: http://www.gog.com/forum/blade_of_darkness/removal_of_blade_of_darkness_from_the_gogcom_catalog

Blade of Darkness can't be the king of all action-RPGs because it's no RPG. ;)

It had arguably the best combat system of its time, but this complex combat was pretty much the whole game.

Hi!
Sacred and perhaps Sacred 2, but mainly just Sacred. Did not play either myself. :) Just some of my friends liked it a lot and some other people praise it on the web.
So, you might give it a try.
Not much to add, you and others got it covered already.
Perhaps to add is Jade Empire, I think that the combat system is not that bad in it.

thanks to all for your replies and suggestions there are a lot of stuff to try!

Hi!
Sacred and perhaps Sacred 2, but mainly just Sacred. Did not play either myself. :) Just some of my friends liked it a lot and some other people praise it on the web.
So, you might give it a try.
Not much to add, you and others got it covered already.
Perhaps to add is Jade Empire, I think that the combat system is not that bad in it.

The only thing to keep in mind with Sacred is that the graphics can get a little glitchy on newer hardware (ditto for Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition). As far as I know, there aren't any fan patches or anything to correct the problem. Though if anyone does have a solution, I'd love to hear it so that I can actually play my copy of the game. =S

Back
Top Bottom