Wave of Darkness - Blessed & Cursed Items

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The third kickstarter update for Wave of Darkness has news the game is now 40% funded. and goes into detail about the games Empowered, Blessed and Cursed items.

Hi all! We have big news for you. Wave of Darkness is 40% funded, which is a fantastic achievement so far!

Wave of Darkness is our biggest and certainly the most ambitious project to date and we need all the support we can get. And you guys have been just incredible!

So in order to properly thank you, we are going to share more info regarding Wave of Darkness features, and for tonight's special we have (*drum roll*):

Empowered, Blessed and Cursed items! First of all, what are those?
More information.

I think I will take a wait and see approach on this one. Their previous title Legends of Dawn got very poor reviews across the board. The screen shots and video certainly look interesting, but I think I will wait until it is released to decide on whether to buy it or not.

I think I will take a wait and see approach on this one. Their previous title Legends of Dawn got very poor reviews across the board. The screen shots and video certainly look interesting, but I think I will wait until it is released to decide on whether to buy it or not.

Thanks for the comment. True, Legends of Dawn had a pretty rocky start, but most of the poor reviews was mostly because of the lousy review from one of the most prominent gaming websites. So when people hear stuff like "omfg this game got like 35% on this popular website", and when they see a bunch of people getting 1337 on Steam, it's very easy for everyone to get onto the "let's trash this game because it's fun" bandwagon, even though a bunch of those people didn't even play the game.

Spoken for the truth Iggy. It's the same thing that is happening with all the new Kickstater is a failure articles because of Peter Molyneux, and his game Godus.

It's the hive mentally at work, and its hard to stop.:disappointed:

I like what a member named Ripper wrote on a thread about Underworld Ascendant where Paul Neurath talked about the same problem this week on his blog.
I think the problem is not with Kickstarter itself. The fact is that many starups and new products fail completely, because it's a really difficult thing to get right. There's nothing special about Kickstarter that makes this any worse, it's just that many of the backers have a distorted idea about what they're getting into, and make a lot more noise when things go wrong.
Link - http://www.underworldascendant.com/the-game/dev-updates.php

Also I see you guys have another update. I will make a news-bit later today.^^

Yeah, well Molyneux had his series of overpromised/overhyped projects (anyone remembers Milo?) and I must say I kind of admired him. He's a great marketing guy, until that Godus thing happened.

I mean, we really love Legends of Dawn. It's our baby that we cared and pampered for years. Then it got released and it had bugs and issues. And everyone got crazy about it, called us fraudsters and scammers (even though everyone got their games and collector's boxes), and whatnot.

Unfortunately we don't have an army of PR people who will control the damage. We can't even reach Rock Paper Shotgun for Wave of Darkness. And yet they claim to be extremely friendly toward PC-only and indie devs.

I'm working like 20 hours a day contacting everyone I can, and most of the time we face closed doors. It's frustrating. And it's even more frustrating when people trash your work because it's a cool thing to do apparently.

Unfortunately we don't have an army of PR people who will control the damage. We can't even reach Rock Paper Shotgun for Wave of Darkness. And yet they claim to be extremely friendly toward PC-only and indie devs.
They used to do weekly kickstarter roundups, but stopped last year. I find myself visiting their website less every year though because of the content they publish.

I can recommended a few websites you can contact.

1. Cliqist
  2. IndieRPG's
  3. VentureBeat
I'm working like 20 hours a day contacting everyone I can, and most of the time we face closed doors. It's frustrating. And it's even more frustrating when people trash your work because it's a cool thing to do apparently
I understand Iggy as I spend 25-30 hours a week updating/publishing articles on this website. I recommend taking breaks to recuperate, and relax otherwise you burn out.

Last edited:
Iggy, I certainly wish you the best of luck getting funded. I am sorry if my comment appeared callous, I did not intend to trash your game - I haven't even played Legends of Dawn so I would have no right to do so anyway. I guess I was just trying to say it looks interesting, but I can't back every project that piques my interest, some I have to wait until they are released.

Back
Top Bottom