Malevolence - Steam Launch Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Visual Outbreak have posted an update on the Steam forums with a follow-up on the release of Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox for Early Access.

What a launch!

Hi all! And welcome to all of our new players!

It has been one heck of a rollercoaster the past 48 hours and I'm incredibly excited to have all of you on board!

The comments and feedback in the discussion board have been spectacular and the team have enjoyed watching all of the new Let's Play videos greatly!

We've already had the permadeath leaderboard go from 0 to full in that time with some incredible loot found, locations shared and people met!

For any daring enough, one forum user, Hyfrydle, has posted a challenge on our forum[www.malevolencegame.com] which I highly recommend participating in!

To help answer a few common questions being asked, I've updated the Common Issues FAQ in the discussion boards to help people along!

Thank you all for making this such a successful launch! It's you guys and girls who make game creation so worth it! More updates soon!
More information.

I forgot to add the following to the news-bit yesterday. It's about what the developer is working on to add, and mentions the game is 20% off for Early Access.

What the developers say:

“We're selling the game for 20% off full price during the Early Access period as a way of saying thank you to the early adopters who have the patience to overlook a few rough edges while we get the game in tip-top shape. Once the game is totally finished and hits v1.0, the price will be going up to the full $24.99, So get in while it's on sale and become a part of our amazing player community!

This game is mostly done, very playable and has an active and wonderful community. We put out updates as often as we can full of new features and extra polish to improve your gaming experience. It won't be too long before we're done, so your patience is appreciated!

What's coming?

- More dungeon types
- More quest types
- More dwelling types
- Weapon and armour crafting
- A totally new, improved magic system
- Boss monsters
- More global multiplayer functionality
- More bug fixes and enhancements
- And more!

To become an active part in our awesome community, be sure to visit our forums at http://www.malevolencegame.com/forum/

I was pretty enthusiastic about this game when I first heard about it, and backed it while it was on IndyGoGo (prior to Kickstarter). One thing however, has put me off. It is a very idiotic thing, that probably says more about me than the game or it's developmentteam. But...:

after reading/watching many blogposts, forumposts and video's from the developer, I sort of got annoyed at his extremely frequent use of the word: 'awesome'. Really:

- fans? "You're AWESOME!"
- message board? "Man! AWESOME!!"
- new video? "!!AWESOME!!!"
- game feature [x]? "O_O AWESOME!"
- new weapon [y]? "AWS"(ASPLODE)

The game looks pretty nice, though :)

Back
Top Bottom