Fable Legends - Windows 10 Release

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Seems Lionhead will be releasing Fable Legends on the PC with Xbox One. The only catch is you will need to have windows 10 to play the game with Cross-Platform.

PC gamers rejoice! Today the announcement you’ve been waiting for has been made; Fable Legends will be available to play on both Windows 10 PCs and Xbox One.

If that’s sweet music to your ears, then you’ll be positively ecstatic when you hear Fable Legends will be playable across devices. Put simply, for the first time EVER Fable players on Xbox One will be able to play with (or against!) their friends on Windows 10 PCs.

Suddenly feverish with excitement? Got questions? Watch this video to hear the inside scoop (oh, and check out our castle
More information.

Windows 10 is free so that's fine.

Ugh, I really dislike this kind of schemes. There is absolutely no reason for this game not to support DirectX 11 other than Microsoft's attempt to sell Windows 10. They will probably add some boring crossplatform/multiplayer achievements as a ¨feature¨ to justify it.

Sorry Zolth I still use Windows 7 and this is just a move by Microsoft to push gamers to download Win 10 & DX 12. This is also not the first time they pulled a stunt like this.:-/

While I do plan to buy win10 unless something drastically changes, I have zero interest for this game.
Generally this won't help win10 sales if it is another phoneOS on PC. On the other hand, if M$ was smarter, stroke a deal with Bioware and set Mass Effect 4 as win10 exclusive…

Since the upgrade to Windows 10 is free - and I generally follow the times, there's really no reason for me to think about this.

I'll check it out, though I'm not expecting much. That said, I can't imagine Molyneux being absent is bad for the game. I always felt the tech guys at Lionhead had a lot of talent, so it might end up being a good game.

That said, I can't imagine Molyneux being absent is bad for the game.
Who knows, it might count as a plus.

Regarding the game, I will see. I don't plan on getting any new computer in the very near future, so I guess this will have to wait.

This is microsofts idea of supporting PC gaming allowing me to play with xbone owners and stream Xbox games to my PC.

Awesome! I hope they come in 900p and 30 fps so I can get the full console experience.

They're giving away windows 10 in hopes of selling more xboxes. I wouldn't be surprised to see more exclusive feature for windows users if you also own an Xbox.

Except that it's not free. You need to own a previous version of Win7 or Win8 and it's not transferable to a new computer.

Also, the "free for the first year only" suggest they might actually charge you after a year because they make it sound quite a bit like Win10 is going to be subscription based...

it sound quite a bit like Win10 is going to be subscription based…
There is an old rumor that win10 will go Office365 route with year subscription.
No official word from Microsoft on that, but I don't think that would be a smart move.

There is an old rumor that win10 will go Office365 route with year subscription.
No official word from Microsoft on that, but I don't think that would be a smart move.

They have been trying to do that since Vista, but this time they are talking about "Windows as a services" and the idea of "version not making any sense anymore" because of it. That's actually why they offer Win10 for free...the first year.

And of course, Fable Legends is just Microsoft trying to force people to migrate to DX12. Meh.

After the debacle with Win 8.0 Microsoft is looking for a way to fuck up Win 10? Interesting!

They have been trying to do that since Vista, but this time they are talking about "Windows as a services" and the idea of "version not making any sense anymore" because of it.
You saying they want to go DLC? :shocked:

So... You get win10 upgrade for free, but cash out let's say $50 for just DX12 upgrade? Want better firewall? Pay up! Etc.
Now that would be utterly evil. It's like buying quadcore CPU and then Intel blackmailing you into paying more $ to unlock 3 cores because only 1 is operating by default.

It's like buying quadcore CPU and then Intel blackmailing you into paying more $ to unlock 3 cores because only 1 is operating by default.
Don't give them ideas…

Although it's not that far from reality anyway, given how some of the budget graphic cards are "produced".

One thing I've learned since the mid 90's....never EVER buy the new operating system during the first year it is on the market. I'll let some other pleebs test it out for me, Windows Seven will continue to serve for a while. There is no game, no product that important, nor will there ever be.

I am running Windows 10 RC and if you have used 8, its almost the same. Also, its REALLY fast. I agree that the sales model sounds like a scam, but the software is based off of Win8 and is very solid. I see no reason to not take the upgrade, its worth it.

I assure you, my win7 is faster than your "really fast release candidate".

I don't care for OS speed on the machine I have. Everything is fast on it.
I care about what exactly it brings me that I shouldn't skip.

If it's only that xbox crap they're talking about, then I'll refuse to upgrade till doomsday. And so far, seems it's just xbox crap.

I am running Windows 10 RC and if you have used 8, its almost the same. Also, its REALLY fast. I agree that the sales model sounds like a scam, but the software is based off of Win8 and is very solid. I see no reason to not take the upgrade, its worth it.

The reason not to upgrade to Win 10 is because you're locking yourself in to using their OS and paying a subscription for it when they inform you of such a year from now. They want $10/month for Office. I shudder to think what they're going to charge for the OS. Makes me wanr ro switch to Linnux. Giving Win10 away for a year and then turning around and requiring a subscription for it — without confirming right now when you download it a subscription will be required — is a despicable tactic. It's the kind of classic bait-and-switch tactic that has been made illegal in businesses such as auto repair.

The reason not to upgrade to Win 10 is because you're locking yourself in to using their OS and paying a subscription for it when they inform you of such a year from now. They want $10/month for Office. I shudder to think what they're going to charge for the OS. Makes me wanr ro switch to Linnux. Giving Win10 away for a year and then turning around and requiring a subscription for it — without confirming right now when you download it — is a despicable tactical. It's the kind of classic bait-and-switch tactical that has been made illegal in businesses such as auto repair.

What would stop you from simply re-installing Win 7 or 8 in that case?

That said, I don't think they would get away with offering it up for free and then charging for it later, unless made clear at the moment of transition. Certainly would be a PR disaster no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom