Pillars of Eternity - Delayed to 2015

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Seems the members who wanted Pillars of Eternity to be delayed got their wish today as Obsidian announced the game is delayed to sometime in 2015.
Obsidian Entertainment and Paradox Interactive announced today that the highly anticipated fantasy role-playing game Pillars of Eternity, originally scheduled for release in late 2014, has been delayed until early 2015.

Feedback through the beta process from those who backed Pillars of Eternity on Kickstarter has been extremely helpful. The development team are listening to the feedback and are incorporating changes to ensure fans absolutely get the best game possible. This short delay will allow Obsidian to produce the quality of game that they can be rightly proud of.

"Since the very beginning of this project we promised our fans and ourselves that we would release this game only when we knew it would be absolutely ready for the best experience possible. We're very close to that point, but not quite there yet. The feedback we have received through our playtest process has been invaluable to us. We are coming into the home stretch but are pushing the release out just a bit to make sure we honor that promise we made originally.Thanks for your patience and support, it will be worth the wait." – Feargus Urquhart, CEO Obsidian.

Both Obsidian and Paradox are aware of the anticipation the thousands of people who donated to the Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter campaign have, many of whom have been clamoring for a game in the style of classic role-playing games for years. And, rest assured, no one is more anxious for the completion and release of this game than we are. However, we are excited to get the extra
time to incorporate the feedback and add additional polish.

Your enthusiasm and support has been energizing for everyone and we're just as excited as you are for this game to come out and kick this new renaissance of classic style CRPG's into high gear!
Thank you blatantninja for sending the link.
smiley-wink.gif

More information.

Seems Obsidian did a 180 here as Fergus said it would never be delayed in a few interviews last month. The game must need a lot of fixes, and changes.

Goes to show never trust a single word a developers says.:)

This is good a news, with all game that came out and coming out soon I think I will be preoccupied for some time so second half of 2015 would be fine for me.

Obsidan + Delay = Never a bad thing.
Not a lesson that applies to them as this happens with every game they make. I'm sure people will still call the game a mess on release. It's the Obsidian curse.

Won't matter to me though as I enjoyed playing every game they made.;)
This is good a news, with all game that came out and coming out soon I think I will be preoccupied for some time so second half of 2015 would be fine for me.
Really what games would those be as I almost finished all the new released RPG kickstarter games. All I have now is Dragon Age Inquisition next month.

Guess I'll be playing a few new strategy games instead.:-/

Not a lesson that applies to them as this happens with every game they make. I'm sure people will still call the game a mess on release. It's the Obsidian curse.

Won't matter to me though as I enjoined every game they made.;)

What I'm saying is just imagine an Obsidian game like KotOR 2 or Alpha Protocol without any delays.

Not sure if those games were actually delayed, but if not - we have some clue as to their release states :)

Also, it goes without saying that you enjoy them as you've done a 180 since you first joined the Watch, when you were always cranky. Had a lot of sex or something? ;)

Had a lot of sex or something? ;)
A little bit of that and some meditation does wonders for the soul. It also helps that my work load is now light, and I don't have to deal with the public anymore. ;)

A little bit of that and some meditation does wonders for the soul. It also helps that my work load is now light, and I don't have to deal with the public anymore. ;)

Hehe, I might go for that sex+meditation thing when I get the chance.

Who knows, I might even end up liking JRPGs ;)

Won't matter to me though as I enjoyed playing every game they made.;)

Really what games would those be as I almost finished all the new released RPG kickstarter games. All I have now is Dragon Age Inquisition next month.

Legend of grimrock 2 will be released 15th this month and I am not sure about Lords of Xulima but it should be in month or 2 IIRC.But there are also good strategies, first of all endless legend which I find very good, DLC for Age of wonders 3 is also good just not as much and Civ:Beyond earth will be released near end of this month.
And there are other genres, Defense grid 2(Gameplay is great but writing is annoying) and Neverending nightmares.

You must have a lot of free time! My list is about a mile long.

Also, it goes without saying that you enjoy them as you've done a 180 since you first joined the Watch, when you were always cranky. Had a lot of sex or something? ;)

This explains why I have been so crankly the last year!

Over the past year there were a ton of posts on the Obsidian forums asking them to take their time and make it right. In the meantime, hopefully their funding will remain solvent.

Thanks for the suggestions Nameless one.:highfive:

Let's see I already played Age of wonders 3, and Endless Legends last month. I am looking forward to playing Legend of Grimrock 2, and I almost forget the release date.

As for Lords of Xulima I have a feeling it will delayed to 2015 also.
In the meantime, hopefully their funding will remain solvent.
I agree as that's my main worry as Obsidian already said the the kickstarter money is all used up. So I'm guessing the delay wont be that long.
You must have a lot of free time! My list is about a mile long.
Vacation time and a light work load as I said above. Usually I have a large backlog like everyone else on the site all year round.

Not unexpected and actually welcome in my book. Still a minor delay compared to both D:OS and WL2, and both of those turned out great. As long as they keep delaying at least no one will claim the game's rushed. As long as I get to play when it's finished I'll be happy.

Like others stated, there are more than enough games to fill the few hours I can manage to get in front of my gaming rig each week.

Hopefully not too late into 2015! I suppose its a good thing…I suspect that they did not get the good response to the beta they were hoping for. I don't like a number of choices they have made for mechanics, based on what I have read and seen recently in the forums, and I suspect many other people weren't too chuffed either. I hope they take it back for a major revision, and end up with something closer to the original IE experience I was hoping for.

Meditation changes your life. :)

And maybe I was blind, but I kind of really didn't see this coming. I really did believe Feargus..."We're almost done! We're so close you can taste it!"

Eh, well. At least I'll have DA:I...

...unless they delay that too.

…unless they delay that too.
I don't think it will happen as Dragon Age: Inquisition was already delayed for a whole year already. Still Bioware is known to delay games at the last minute.

I remember Fergus said he had information it was in his last interview, but it was never announced by Bioware. As I said above don't believe anything a developer says.:thinking:

Back
Top Bottom