Mass Effect 3 - iOS Tie-ins and DLC

Dhruin

SasqWatch
EA has announced a third-person shooter for iOS titled Mass Effect Infiltrator, which will offer rewards in Mass Effect 3. From Joystiq:
Players will receive awards for collecting evidence of cerberus crimes in their mission, with each discovery and rescue increasing their Mass Effect 3 Galaxy at War Galactic Readiness rating. Actions in Infiltrator can affect the larger Mass Effect 3 storyline, and weapons unlocked in the mobile version can be used in Mass Effect 3.
Revealed at the same New York event as the news above, Datapad is an app that ties the iPad with Mass Effect 3 in some way.
Finally, Joystiq also has an apparent photo of a receipt from GameStop for a DLC titled From Dust, which a shopper preordered for $10 - no word yet on exactly what From Dust offers. I've not seen a DLC sold through retail before release previously, so this is an interesting move if everything is as it appears.
More information.

This is crazy ! Pre order DLC ? EA nickel and diming knows no bounds. Again , when publishers act this blantantly greedy it just helps customers to pirate. If i just bought the 80 dollar collectors edition and the guy at game stop says would you like to give EA another 15 dollars for another peice of the game. Am i really going to feel good about the money i just spent on my collectors edition ? Its a slap in the face.

This is crazy ! Pre order DLC ? EA nickel and diming knows no bounds. Again , when publishers act this blantantly greedy it just helps customers to pirate. If i just bought the 80 dollar collectors edition and the guy at game stop says would you like to give EA another 15 dollars for another peice of the game. Am i really going to feel good about the money i just spent on my collectors edition ? Its a slap in the face.

Watch out people here take offense to the pirate word. To get back on topic its the in thing now I'm afraid. People supported by buying and showed there willing to take it.

You have to spend around $120 just to get the complete package but allot more with ME3 if you buy all the damn gimmick products with exclusive dlc.

Here a nice little quote from a faithful biotard-

Maybe you should just suck it up and buy it buttercup. Not gonna change anytime soon.

Games get bigger and bigger and more expensive to make. Just you wait until the next generation consoles hit, it's gonna get even worse. Anyway, it's just a product. Either buy, or don't, with or without pre-order DLC. You don't complain when you buy a car and the dealer offers you extras.

They're milking Bio's last strong franchise in every way humanly possible. It smells kinda desperate to me.

They won't be the first great company to go down following this path.

Can you say Origin?

Of course, it'll take a while - and people tend to stay loyal for an irrationally long time.

But after SWtOR - there's no longer any doubt in my mind about Bio and their future.

They're milking Bio's last strong franchise in every way humanly possible. It smells kinda desperate to me.

They won't be the first great company to go down following this path.

Can you say Origin?

Of course, it'll take a while - and people tend to stay loyal for an irrationally long time.

But after SWtOR - there's no longer any doubt in my mind about Bio and their future.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one to realize this. There going to go the blizzard route with a cash shop to buy and trade items next. Lets not forget a constant sever connection in there future also.

I guarantee its coming.:roll:

I don't mind a constant connection :)

Actually, I don't really mind DLC and all this shit - THAT much. I think it's useless for the consumer and it taints the games - but it's rarely a big deal. It's just a symptom of the real disease.

What I DO mind, is when talented developers get lost because of suits overwhelmed by dreams of gigantic wallets.

The games themselves are what I care about, and their last 3 games have been increasingly crappy. Mass Effect and Dragon Age were the last decent games they put out.

This whole marketing-assault fest with ME3 and the horribly stupid multiplayer implementation is making it VERY clear where most of their efforts are focused.

This whole marketing-assault fest with ME3 and the horribly stupid multiplayer implementation is making it VERY clear where most of their efforts are focused.

I find there pr marketing hilarious to outright unbelievable . You have to give them credit they get the gaming crowd riled up good or bad. They always get attention.

So there doing there job right it seems.:roll:

The basic issue is that 9 out of 10 people bitching about this, will be first in line to buy it when it releases - regardless of what they think about the policies of EA/Bio.

The basic issue is that 9 out of 10 people bitching about this, will be first in line to buy it when it releases - regardless of what they think about the policies of EA/Bio.

Its the same with every major release. I remember the left4dead 2 boycott list and steam published that most people on the list by name bought it.

I had a discussion about this in my Guild last night in SWTOR. Seems like ME3 will probably the last EA/BioWare game for a lot of people and lots of them are just buying it to see the "conclusion".

There is just so much bs people can eat...

Back
Top Bottom