Why do people think the past = trash?

Thanks for the updated information Charles-cgr. Anyway I understand as I cover a lot of kickstaters, and indie games that miss their deadlines every year

You coul've shortened this all by Monty Python :

"Life's like a piece of shit
when you look at it …"

I also believe that how our cultures are shaped has something to do with the will of companies to get more profits - because you only get profits if you DISCARD OLD things and SELL NEW ones …
I'm Monty P. character, hehe

But actually the last paragraph is not really true. At least not currently. Check what Hollywood does. Don't we see the same trend in games industry lately? Remakes and reboots.

And it's not necessarily a bad thing. Not at all. Let's take music (industry?). I'll skip wellknown case of ages old song rediscovered by Paul Simon and later performed by Celtic Women.

Ever heard of a mastework made 120 years ago named "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"? But you did! It's a rare piece of cacophonic chords that's so creepy it was used plain everywhere so often:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rapf3g_XvCc

And now we got a capella version. In year 2014. A capella (voice only) is supposed to be thing from the past, right? Well, it's not.
Is past trash then? If it is, then the present is trash too.
Oh and the "modern" version link, which is not really modern as it's using the thing from the past (voices only), but please, first check the original:

Great to see you back posting here Charles, I'm looking forward to Sovereign after enjoying UW!! Keep in touch.

And now we got a capella version. In year 2014. A capella (voice only) is supposed to be thing from the past, right? Well, it's not.

We have an very good and very popular "a capella" group here in Germany, and they call themselves "Wise Guys". http://www.wiseguys.de/

Great to see you back posting here Charles, I'm looking forward to Sovereign after enjoying UW!! Keep in touch.

Will do :)

Back
Top Bottom