Regalia - A New Strategy JRPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Another Strategy JRPG called Regalia has just launched on Kickstarter this week.

A JRPG from the heart of Europe. Tactical battles mixed with rich story, social links, pleasant visuals and a fantastic soundtrack.

• A Disgaea meets Persona formula with a western twist on the classic strategy JRPG genre.
  • A robust turn-based combat system with the right balance between complexity and fluidity.
  • An attractive look and feel, with hand-drawn 2D backgrounds and a soundtrack produced by Game Audio Factory (Endless Legend, Endless Space).
  • Light 4X elements - build your own village, conduct diplomacy, send your companions on expeditions for resources and treasures.
  • A huge cast of characters to meet, recruit and befriend through Social Links.
  • Lots of replayability with procedurally generated content, New Game+ and Ironman modes.
  • No microtransactions, no Early Access (why?), no DRM.

I wonder if it's real strategy or what most of those games do which is 'strategy' = grind lots of easy randomly generated dungeons to get high level enough to roflstomp your enemies.

I wonder if it's real strategy or what most of those games do which is 'strategy' = grind lots of easy randomly generated dungeons to get high level enough to roflstomp your enemies.

That is my main concern as well. Will it be a "Fire Emblem" or a "Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced"? (The former, while not super deep, did require a degree of tactics and was quite enjoyable, the later was a game that I could play with my brain turned off (i.e. when having a severe cold))

Back
Top Bottom