After Reset - Update #6, The Dallas Incident

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Black Cloud Studios has posted a new kickstarter update for After Reset talking about The Dallas Incident.

Hey, fellow RPG fans! Mr. Nixon here. As I mentioned earlier, I’d like to devote every update to one of After Reset RPG’s three main features (atmosphere, story, or mechanics). Today’s Update is dedicated to STORY.

But before sharing this new lore with you, I’d like to share our plans for the Kickstarter campaign. A lot of people asked me: what will we do after if we don’t reach our goal of $900k? Don’t panic! We have plan B, C, and even D. :)

Our plan B is to offer direct backing on our website, adding unique features for those who supported us here. We will also put all backers into an exclusive group of 'co-founders' on our forum, so that we can keep you updated on our progress, and also give you the ability to participate in the development process together with us - primarily through polls and other interactive formats. Our goal here is to collect $50k in direct donations, as this will be enough to finish the prologue with a high level of quality. We can then proudly put it on Steam Early Access, and gain the momentum we need to complete the game.

Plan C is to merge our team with another developer that has like-minded goals, and I've got two decent proposals from respectful studios. We will reach out to them after the campaign. So the more backs we collect here on Kickstarter, the easier for us will be negotiating process.

We’ll post more info about this as we get closer to the end of the campaign, but regardless of what happens - we’re committed to making this game a reality. Now, back to the Lore…
More information.

6 days to go and they only have 6 updates thus far, and they are asking for $900,000. Stuff like this makes me think I have the wrong job. Since I live in the LA area I should just go over there and demand they hire me a co-project director.

Yeah if watching KS projects have taught me one thing it's there's a distinct opportunity for people with marketing/project management experience to do consulting (though I wonder how many projects would realize the true value right away). I know the guy running this KS has a masters from a very highly regarded business school but, the project doesn't really show it.

This is holiday season, no demo, few updates, and lots of people are waiting for the bigger KS projects to release before deciding to back more (and $900k is realistic for making the game but not for getting backers). Really should have been handled differently imo.

Edit: Just my opinion from watching the project, it seems like the main purpose was to drum up interest from both supporters and publishers and use it to leverage a more favorable publisher deal which could still be a good move.

Edit: Just my opinion from watching the project, it seems like the main purpose was to drum up interest from both supporters and publishers and use it to leverage a more favorable publisher deal which could still be a good move.

I agree with you. They wouldn't be the first developer to do so.

But I don't think even that worked out. You won't get a better deal with a publisher, when you show him this KS raising 50k when aksing for 900k.

Back
Top Bottom