BioWare - Untitled Star Wars Game?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well here is another rumor about the next Star Wars RPG from Bioware. According to a site called junkiemonkeys it will include Chewbacca, and release next year.

As usual take this with a grain of salt.

Last year EA confirmed that their video game developers Visceral, DICE, and BioWare were working on three separate Star Wars titles. Not much has been said about BioWare’s untiled Star Wars game, but a recent job posting has revealed that Chewbacca is set to appear in the game.

A Star Wars game centered around Wookies and starring Chewie? Probably not, but while I was roaming around Craigslist, I stumbled across this recent ad searching for voice talent to mimic Chewbacca in an upcoming Star Wars game from BioWare.

BioWare is currently working on another Star Wars RPG under EA and if we are to believe what this post is saying, that means we can expect a release in 2015!

Considering little to no details have been revealed for BioWare’s Star Wars project, it’s hard to believe that this title will launch next year. Only time will tell at this point.
More information.

This makes a lot of sense actually. With the new trilogy coming out and Lucasarts gone, and Bioware with a lot of experience with the Star Wars IP, they make the most sense to contract.

I remember the footage from the ME4 video showed a sample of another game. It might of been this one, or another one who knows as Biowae has multiple studios.:thinking:

Star Wars has as much power these days as My Little Pony. Forgive me for not being excited.

Battlefront 3 has been all but confirmed to release around the same time as Episode VII: The Force Awakens.
I kind of doubt that BioWare would be working on another AAA multiplatform title to cannibalize on SWBF3 sales.
Maybe BioWare is working on some casual phone/mobile/browser game? Or this is all just about the next SWTOR expansion (hmmm though Chewie is old but not that old so maybe not...).

And voice talent for Chewie? Are they farking serious? How about taking a mic to a zoo and be done with it?

Yea, right, DA3 now, ME4 after, and SW in the meantime... Did Bioware double their staff out of a sudden or we weren't looking?

Star Wars has as much power these days as My Little Pony. Forgive me for not being excited.

Don´t mock My Little Pony, throws lots of power around the house and are slowly taking over the apartment.

OnT
Star Wars is a franchise in decline.

Mr greedy bag and worthless director Lucas gave the franchise a quick short time boost with his last trilogy, introducing it to a new audience.
But with those lackluster films and shitty products to come after, Mr Lucas also suffocated his creation. SW is going the way of the dodo. It will take time, and it will be a slow and agonizing death.

C

Yea, right, DA3 now, ME4 after, and SW in the meantime… Did Bioware double their staff out of a sudden or we weren't looking?

Edmonton has 2 teams: Dragon Age and the new IP (with Space Nuns).
Montreal is working on Mass Effect
Austin is working on Shadow Realms and SWTOR.

I'l go with Austin working on any SW titles personally. SWTOR had over 200 devs at some point, so that office isn't lacking for space to fill.

Don´t mock My Little Pony, throws lots of power around the house and are slowly taking over the apartment.

OnT
Star Wars is a franchise in decline.

Mr greedy bag and worthless director Lucas gave the franchise a quick short time boost with his last trilogy, introducing it to a new audience.
But with those lackluster films and shitty products to come after, Mr Lucas also suffocated his creation. SW is going the way of the dodo. It will take time, and it will be a slow and agonizing death.

C
Not so sure. First, there's attention back to it with the making of the new trilogy, which will only get bigger as the movie gets closer. There was also The Clone Wars anime series (which I liked a lot), and currently we have Rebellion, so it's not like the SW universe was abandoned.

Star Wars is fine and alive, with all the crap movies we got in last ~10 years, lucas new trilogy was gr8!!!!!!!! problem are old fan freaks which in their old age got mostly insane and bashed new trilogy in their insanity

in games sure star wars was in problem with a lot not so good titles

I'll pre-order the game if they actually call it "Untitled Star Wars Game." I'll buy the Collector's Edition if it's actually sold in a black & white generic box.

There's more that can be explored in that universe but really there's so much more in other IPs out there. Mistborn's Wax & Wayne era with people who have a combo of two powers would be great. Lots of different character classes and it's set in the terribly under-used Old West era. But I guess nothing like that happens in games until a movie comes out for the IP. Because, you know, gamers aren't the type of people who read a lot of books. <sigh>

Chewbacca? Crap. That means it's in or around the time of the movies. That time period is a mess in terms of lore and characters already.

Star Wars is fine and alive, with all the crap movies we got in last ~10 years, lucas new trilogy was gr8!!!!!!!! problem are old fan freaks which in their old age got mostly insane and bashed new trilogy in their insanity

in games sure star wars was in problem with a lot not so good titles

Are you trolling or serious? "A phantom menace" was probably one of the worst movies I ever saw.

Are you trolling or serious? "A phantom menace" was probably one of the worst movies I ever saw.

Yeah, it must be our dementia creeping in ;-) Lucas is an underappreciated genius (*). I am still (slightly) hopeful that JJ Abrams can do something to revive my love for Star Wars…but have migivings.

(*) That's a joke, in case the lack of a ;-) didn't suggest that!

If only Lucas had a guy who could have said him during the writing process: "NO GEORGE! Just don't do that, its STUPID." :)

Instead he was surrounded with "yes men" who never questioned the quality of his writing. Lucas has a great imagination, but he just needs someone to tell him when his ideas don't work.

"Hey, what do you think about this new creature who could be a great sidekick for obi-wan and Qui con Jin ?"

"George thats stupid. People will hate it, even small children."

"..but don't you find him funny and cute.."

"George, with all due respect, leave that crap on the storyboard"

Back
Top Bottom