Underworld Ascendant - News Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
OtherSide Entertainment posted two more kickstasrter updates this week for Underworld Ascendant. The first update is about the Underswamp Stretch goal.
In just 2 days we’ve reached the Underswamp! Considering it’s a weekend, that’s amazing progress!
The second update is about using a new device called the AR.
AR headsets project into your eyes a digital image, which gets seamlessly merged with your view of the physical world around you. Potentially these images can look more solid and real than any hologram. A key part of AR is not just in the visuals, but also how the devices can read your hand motions precisely, so as to enable you to manipulate the virtual images in a natural and tactile way. It is the combination of the visual projection into the real world and tactile interaction which makes AR so promising.
They also released two videos, and the first one is with Artist Shaddy Safardi.
Introducing Shaddy Safardi, one of the talented concept artists working with us. Shaddy offers some insights into how he goes about his craft.
The second video is with Narrative Designer Joe Fielder.
Introducing Joe Fielder the narrative designer for Underworld Ascendant.
And for last Paul Neurath gave his opinion on the recent Kickstarter backlash.
A series of press stories were circulated widely the past week which, more-or-less, trash talk games that have been funded through Kickstarter.

Games are much like any other creative endeavor. Any film or book can come up short on expectations. Happens often enough. More than a few are cancelled by their studios or publishers before they see the light of day. Does that mean that most film makers and writers are out to scam their fans?
More information.

Last edited:
No they are talking about the twenty articles last month about kickstarter being a failure for everyone, and they are still being released as I write this.

Last edited:
I think the problem is not with Kickstarter itself. The fact is that many starups and new products fail completely, because it's a really difficult thing to get right. There's nothing special about Kickstarter that makes this any worse, it's just that many of the backers have a distorted idea about what they're getting into, and make a lot more noise when things go wrong.

trash articles

Wouldn't surprise me to learn that publishers paid people to smear KS. Knowing their power and money control isn't as necessary hasn't to be bothering some. I for one, am glad to always support a team that seems put together, professional and well on their way in development on a project. If I can elimate people like EA from the equation - yay!!!!!!

No they are talking about the twenty articles last month about kickstarter being a failure for everyone, and they are still being released as I write this.

Oh? Must've passed by me. Link(s)?

What is this press nonsense? I agree with Paul Neurath.
It somewhat reminds me of that organized press campaign against GG and devs supporting GG. What happened in past week, guys? Some conflict between press VIP and some KS studio and his fans? I wouldnt be surprised if press is motivated by personal hate towards those with different opinion.

Oh? Must've passed by me. Link(s)?
Just use the Google search engine type "kickstarter is a failure", and select this month they will all pop up. I'm to tired and lazy right now to post any links.^^

Back
Top Bottom