Age of Decadence - December Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Vince posted a new update on the games website with news about the upcoming Beta for Age of Decadence, and talks about the games design process.

Two days ago we put together the first playable build of the upcoming 3 locations (Ganezzar – the third city, the ruins of Al-Akia – the birthplace of the Gods, and the ‘hangar’ giving you access to your very own flying ship). As I mentioned earlier, we discussed whether or not release it now as a questionable New Year gift or sit on it for a couple of weeks.

In the end we decided to wait and push the update release to Jan 19, which gives us about 3 weeks of work. This date won’t be changed or pushed back, so consider it a promise.

It’s tempting to release it now for the sake of saying that we did release an update in Dec. After all, we’re still in Early Access and work-in-progress is the norm here (in fact, that's the idea). Still, I think that if we take some extra time to smooth over the rough edges, your experience will be a lot more enjoyable.

So, the silver lining here is that after 6 months of work we’re very, very close and almost ready to get this ball rolling. The third city was the last major hurdle to overcome and soon you’ll be able to play it.
More information.

I'm sure this game is going to come out at the worst time possible for me.

I've played through Teron with every background, but stopped thereafter.

I'll be starting a new project at work in January, so I won't be able to play the game until this summer probably...

Oh well, it lets them patch it and balance it right :D

I'm waiting for the final release to play. I wish he would have stated when they think the game will come out. I'm guessing it will be later than summer, but I really hope for sooner rather than later.

I made a post about the AoD Mercenary path in another thread, and got only two comments.

I'm wondering if it was mostly ignored because people didn't see it or because people didn't want to comment.

Should I repost it here ?

Who knows Gilliatt as I rarely get comments on my news posts. I just check the page stats, and I see plenty of people read them they just don't post a reply.

Anyway I did read your post and I agree with you.:)

It is probably a good idea to make a new thread about it as people often don't read comments on news items ( I think ).

Back
Top Bottom