Skyrim Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
I thought that Darn's incorporated BTMod as part of its package, but I can't remember. I also don't remember which one I used in my playthroughs.

Yes, it's better. More options (inside the game too) and just all around a better fit. Try it out if you like… Darn has made excellent UIs three times now.

Thanks for the info!

I was thinking about trying out the Nehrim mod. Do you know if Darn's UI mod works with Nehrim?

Thanks for the info!

I was thinking about trying out the Nehrim mod. Do you know if Darn's UI mod works with Nehrim?

If u want to use Darn's UI on Nehrim, u can but u will loose some of the cool things about Nehrim Menus and interfaces.
I for one use Nehrim Interface Extension .

And since u made me research a bit, i will try to install Nehrim - DarN UI Dialog Patch
tonight and see because there are some times when text is hard to read.. and this looks like it will make it better.

If Skyrim is like Oblivion, i'm giving up on the Elder Scrolls. Morrowind and it's expansions were (imho) the best in the Elder Scroll series and Oblivion simply didn't live up to the hype.

I just hope that the person over at Bethesda who though it would be laugh to put useless garbage in chests with very hard locks has gotten it out of their system. If I play Skyrim and find nothing but yarn in very hard chests I swear i'll start a campaign to have gamers mail yarn to Bethesda.

sick naysty

Has anyone posted this yet?

I think I will like this game.

Behold… trailer number 2!!

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/xbox/ga...0110225.The-Elder-Scrolls-V-Skyrim-trailer-2/
That trailer is much much better, previous one had only common conventional places, but this one still had some with no character but also quite many and more with a real soul. At least on this part it seems much well done.

Now let hope they won't make it with a mandatory quests tracker, that fights will be fun, that dialogs won't be dull, that quests story is well translated in gameplay and that the main story and secondary stories are interesting. :)

Best thread on the official forum to get information about the game features.

I'm still surprised by some of these features. Looks a lot more like a sequel of Daggerfall and Morrowind then Oblivion.

And looks like Magic got a massive overhaul as well, with "spellcrafting" being mostly "on-the-fly" now. I will need to try it before deciding if it's better though.

Nice summary. It sounds very good!

But this bullet bothers me.
* It is possible to raise all skills to 100 but not possible to get all perks.
Maxing all skills really detracts from the roleplaying for me, epsecially since they removed birthsigns, and classes.

Maxing all skills really detracts from the roleplaying for me, epsecially since they removed birthsigns, and classes.

Well IIRC you always could in TES. The question is why anyone would WANT to. But thats a bit of a question of principle - for gameist people, the TES system was always a horror of easy expoits and messed up game logic, for simulationists, it tends to work quite well.

Most people like their character to continue to develop, rather than stagnate once their selected skills are maxed. So building up other skills in previous TES games used to be the only outlet. Hopefully, the addition of a zillion perks will provide another less gamey outlet. ;)

Last edited:
Carriage system as (fast?) "travel" system to go to some of the major locations was confirmed today in a new interview. Yeah! I now have an alternative to click and spawn to new location....

About level up:
Skill increase works like Oblivion, the more you use it, the more it goes up. The skill list is similar, but tweaked for the gameplay we have now. The big difference is in how you gain levels. All your skills affect leveling. The higher the skill, the more it pushes you to the next level. So it's a nice self-balancing system, you're rewarded for using your higher skills. It urges you to focus. Skill increases become the equivalent of our XP for leveling. The higher your level, the more you need. When you level up, you pick one of your main stats to increase, and then you pick a perk. Perks are where a lot of the power is, and it's what defines your character, more so than your skill numbers. So each skill has its own "perk tree". And, those perks range from doing extra damage with a certain weapon to all new things like special moves, disarming and critical strikes.

I'm definitely buying the Unicorn and Levitating DLC. I just know that Todd will deliver them personally if I preorder today :)

As said this was always possible in TES if you wanted to do it. Adding the perks in actually means Skyrim will offer the most unique characters in the entire series.

Back
Top Bottom