Another race speech from Barack

There seems to be a few wild leaps in the logic.
"Carmen speculates that dopamine might therefore be linked to the need to impose order on the world. If so, variants of the D4DR gene that lead to higher levels of dopamine should be found more frequently in conservatives."
Given the liberal love of social engineering, I would counter that the need to impose order is a decidedly liberal trait. My leap is no less valid than that of the study, so I think we can have us a good chuckle and then hunt down the liberal congressman that sponsored this waste of taxpayer money.

There seems to be a few wild leaps in the logic.
"Carmen speculates that dopamine might therefore be linked to the need to impose order on the world. If so, variants of the D4DR gene that lead to higher levels of dopamine should be found more frequently in conservatives."
Given the liberal love of social engineering, I would counter that the need to impose order is a decidedly liberal trait. My leap is no less valid than that of the study, so I think we can have us a good chuckle and then hunt down the liberal congressman that sponsored this waste of taxpayer money.

That's just your inferior republican genes talking ;)

That's a fascinating article, Benedict. If we can just find the right meds for dte, I see another Obama vote in Indiana. :)

Seriously, that thing about fear of death really hit home for me. I've spoken here before of my ultra-conservative ex-friend who formulates all her life decisions on the words of Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and Glenn Beck, and one of her many psychic kinks was a very strong fear of death. The idea of her own death and even death as a general subject made her extremely uncomfortable. (She, for instance, liked to think her dead father's spirit was moving the bananas around in her kitchen to communicate with her, and wouldn't go in there alone, despite feeling it to be benign.)
Of course, the possibility that she's just completely nuts also exists. ;)

That's a fascinating article, Benedict. If we can just find the right meds for dte, I see another Obama vote in Indiana. :)

Seriously, that thing about fear of death really hit home for me. I've spoken here before of my ultra-conservative ex-friend who formulates all her life decisions on the words of Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and Glenn Beck, and one of her many psychic kinks was a very strong fear of death. The idea of her own death and even death as a general subject made her extremely uncomfortable. (She, for instance, liked to think her dead father's spirit was moving the bananas around in her kitchen to communicate with her, and wouldn't go in there alone, despite feeling it to be benign.)
Of course, the possibility that she's just completely nuts also exists. ;)

Maybe we can put something in the water supplies.

Excellent! I don't think I'd be able to resist messing with her, sneaking into her house in the dead of night, taking all of the bananas out of their skins and throwing most of them away then arranging the skins in a circle around a single lone skinless banana, just to see how she'd interpret that.

She sounds like a McCain voter, of course she's completely nuts.

Excellent! I don't think I'd be able to resist messing with her, sneaking into her house in the dead of night, taking all of the bananas out of their skins and throwing most of them away then arranging the skins in a circle around a single lone skinless banana, just to see how she'd interpret that.

I don't know about her, but I'm pretty sure what Freud would say.

She sounds like a McCain voter...

No, I'm afraid McCain was far too liberal and middle of the road for her --she wanted some one further right whose name starts with a T--Tancredo I think.

No, I'm afraid McCain was far too liberal and middle of the road for her --she wanted some one further right whose name starts with a T--Tancredo I think.

Eeek . . . . his mad staring eyes alone are pretty disturbing, but it's refreshing to see someone going the whole way and saying that he's against legal immigration too, basically he's just against foreigners, they can all fuck off.

Yes, there is a certain niave directness and refreshing honesty about the far right wingnuts. You always know where they stand, which is very helpful when wanting to run away from them fast. :)

I read a bit farther in his little bio, just for amusement:

Tancredo traces his interest in politics to the eighth grade, when he played Fidel Castro in a class assignment. He urges America to reject "the siren song of multiculturalism" and depicts Islam as "a civilization bent on destroying ours." In September 2006, when Pope Benedict XVI gave a speech quoting a 14th century Byzantine emperor who said the prophet Mohammed had brought "things only evil and inhuman",[2] sparking Muslim anger throughout the world, Tancredo urged him not to apologize.

In July, when Tancredo proposed that America respond to any future terrorist attack by bombing Mecca and other holy sites, John Podhoretz, writing on the National Review's website, said: "Tom Tancredo is an idiot."[13]

Makes one wonder if it's the ultimate triumph or the ultimate failure of the democratic process that someone like this can run for president...

Last edited:
There's a certain charm to a simple world view.

Everyone is well-off and we have to reach around all the trees and baby seals when we have our daily World-Wide Hug. Oh sorry, we weren't talking about the far left, were we... Silly me. :p

Yeah--I forgot Kucinich also ran. ;)

Back
Top Bottom