Arkham Knight Delayed to June 2015

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Batman: Arkham Knight has been pushed back to June 2015 and Warner Bros. Interactive released a new video & press release with more information.

Batman: Arkham Knight Set for June 2, 2015 Release With Two Collector’s Editions

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Batman: Arkham Knight is scheduled to release worldwide beginning June 2, 2015. Also revealed, are two collector’s editions – Batman: Arkham Knight Limited Edition and Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Edition. Both will be available in limited quantities at launch in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. Batman: Arkham Knight Limited Edition will also be available in Europe, Australia and New Zealand for PC.

Batman: Arkham Knight Limited Edition will include:

· Custom Art Book – 80 Page, Full Colour Art Book Showcasing the concept art of Batman Arkham Knight
· Limited Edition SteelBook™ – Unique SteelBook™ case and game disc
· Comic Book – Limited Edition DC Comics Batman: Arkham Knight #0 Comic Book
· Exclusive Character Skin Pack – Three Unique Skins from DC Comics – The New 52
· Batman Memorial Statue – Imposing statue commemorating Gotham’s Protector, the Dark Knight
· SRP:
o Console – £89.99
o PC – £74.99

Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Edition will include:

· Custom Art Book – 80 Page, Full Colour Art Book Showcasing the concept art of Batman Arkham Knight
· Limited Edition SteelBook™ – Unique SteelBook™ case and game disc
· Comic Book – Limited Edition DC Comics Batman: Arkham Knight #0 Comic Book
· Exclusive Character Skin Pack – Three Unique Skins from DC Comics – The New 52
· Transforming Batmobile Statue – Fully transformable Batmobile statue realised in exquisite detail by TriForce
· SRP: £169.99 (Console only)

Images for the Collector’s Edition packages and contents can be found at the following link:
http://games.premiercomms.com/pics.asp?i=3124

Batman: Arkham Knight is based on DC Comics’ core Batman license and will be available exclusively for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.

Batman: Arkham Knight brings the award-winning Batman: Arkham trilogy from Rocksteady Studios to its epic conclusion. Developed exclusively for the New Generation of consoles and PCs, Batman: Arkham Knight introduces Rocksteady's uniquely designed version of the Batmobile. The highly anticipated addition of this legendary vehicle, combined with the acclaimed gameplay of the Batman: Arkham series, offers gamers the ultimate and complete Batman experience as they tear through the streets and soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City. In this explosive finale, Batman faces the ultimate threat against the city that he is sworn to protect, as Scarecrow returns to unite the super criminals of Gotham and destroy the Batman forever.

For more information on Batman: Arkham Knight, please visit www.batmanarkhamknight.com, https://www.facebook.com/BatmanArkham or https://twitter.com/BatmanArkham.

I agree JDR13 as I never fished any of the games in the series either. Some other game always came out and stole my interest. I'm a very fickle gamer it seems.:blush:

I am interested to see how the Batmobile will work in the next sequel. Hopefully the game won't need a few patches just to work this time. So fingers crossed.:fingerscrossed:

Eh - same old same old plus some driving bits by the look of it. Luckily, the same old was mighty fun.

Couch! You didn't see the end of City? That was a good one!

Is Arkham City worth playing if I didn't really like Asylum that much?

Is Arkham City worth playing if I didn't really like Asylum that much?
Unlikely. I'm guessing you'll hate it less since it's open city instead of moving you from one not-so-big area to the next and back again. The core fighting mechanic is pretty much the same thing, though: aim the camera and click, or right click if you're about to get hit.

My biggest complaint about Arkham Asylum is that it only has 2 difficulty levels and neither of them were quite what I wanted. The default difficulty seemed a little on the easy side, but the harder difficulty made combat too grindy.

I also hate the little icons that show when the enemies are about to strike at you. There should be an option to disable those on the default difficulty, but you're forced to play with them. Is it the same way in AC?

Unlikely. I'm guessing you'll hate it less since it's open city instead of moving you from one not-so-big area to the next and back again. The core fighting mechanic is pretty much the same thing, though: aim the camera and click, or right click if you're about to get hit.

I didn't hate AA, I just didn't think it was all that good.

I really liked it in the beginning, because of the exploration elements. But I found it started becoming a constant fight-fest during the last half of the game.

So, if AC is less linear and will allow me to roam free for the most part, it might be worth playing.

I'll give it a shot one of these days, as I prefer to have played past games when trying the sequel - and Arkham Knight looks like it's worth trying :)

I really like AA and was excited for AC. I picked it up day 1 but only played a couple hours and then just never went back to it.

I liked the more linear and casual approach to AA. AC was much more open and felt like it would require much more commitment than I was willing to give.

I like exploring big sprawling RPG's but I'm not interested enough In batman lore or universe to invest much in it. I just wanted to beat people up and watch the story progress like in AA and AC seemed to require more.

I really like AA and was excited for AC. I picked it up day 1 but only played a couple hours and then just never went back to it.

I liked the more linear and casual approach to AA. AC was much more open and felt like it would require much more commitment than I was willing to give.

I like exploring big sprawling RPG's but I'm not interested enough In batman lore or universe to invest much in it. I just wanted to beat people up and watch the story progress like in AA and AC seemed to require more.

I'd have to agree about the lore, which is probably why I'm not into these games all that much.

I really love the Batman atmosphere, though, and the combat system was fun.

It's just not enough to sustain my interest - and as I'm big fan of open world stuff, AC is probably more my style.

But all of these games sort of blur together for me. To me, Assassin's Creed, GTA, Batman, Far Cry, Shadows of Mordor, etc. are all pretty much the same old production value-driven game with a different skin.

In the end, it will be a few personal preferences that ultimately determine my enjoyment, including the progression system and the exploration elements.

None of them can truly excite me, though. The last game in this style that rocked my boat was probably Grand Theft Auto 3 - which is arguably the origin of this particular take on an old genre.

My main problem with Arkham City and Origins were the stupid Riddler Puzzles. Too many for my own taste. They could have done other small side stories instead of those.

P.S. Vice City was my favorite GTA. As, for Bats, i prefer Arkham Asylum. Way better than the open world variants.

Back
Top Bottom