Star Ocean: Integrity & Faithlessness - Gameplay Video

Pretty pumped for this. Star Ocean 4 was the only PS3 exclusive I liked. I don't quite get the negativity around that game.

I'm very skeptical about controlling 6 characters in third person view in real time though. The 4 characters worked kinda well, even though I usually concentrated on actively playing with two max. But coordinating the abilities of 6 sounds like a recipe for imbalance and tedium.

Pretty pumped for this. Star Ocean 4 was the only PS3 exclusive I liked. I don't quite get the negativity around that game.

I'm very skeptical about controlling 6 characters in third person view in real time though. The 4 characters worked kinda well, even though I usually concentrated on actively playing with two max. But coordinating the abilities of 6 sounds like a recipe for imbalance and tedium.

Yes, I like Star Ocean in spite of the combat system (not because of it). I want more control over my party member's actions, not less, and with 6 characters looks like I will depend on the autocombat decisions 99% of the time (only maybe switch to another character for an emergency casting), which would put it dangerously close to being another button smasher.

I'm pretty sure it was on xbox 360 as well....

You're right. So let me rephrase it, it's my favorite RPG on PS3. ;)

Really? I couldn't stand Star Ocean 4. I didn't like the battle system much and the story just seemed to get worse and worse. Why is there a starship that's crewed entirely by teenagers and younger? Why would you not send your best, most experienced operatives to deal with this massive crises? When Edge's stupidity
destroyed planet
and the game seemed to be asking me to feel sorry for him, I quit and never came back.

Back
Top Bottom