Dragon Age 2 - PC System Requirements

aries100

SasqWatch
Bioware has updated the FAQ for this game with the PC system requirements. Chris Priestly mentions them in this thread. You can also read them below:
Recommended:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz Processor or equivalent
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 Triple core 2.8 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 2GB (4 GB Vista and Windows 7)
Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater
Video: NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater
DirectX 11: ATI 5850 or greater
DirectX 11: NVIDIA 460 or greater

Minimum:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo (or equivalent) running at 1.8 GHz or greater
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8 GHz or greater
RAM: 1 GB (1.5 GB Vista and Windows 7)
Video: Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256 MB cards
Disc Drive: DVD ROM drive required
Hard Drive: 7 GB
Sound: Direct X 9.0c Compatible Sound Card Windows Experience Index: 4.5
Dragon Age 2 will support DX 11, Priestly states.
More information.

Oh, DirectX 11? I wonder how they are using it?

Minimum specs really haven't changes in the last 3 years, have they?

Minimum specs really shouldn't have to be that high and they do seem to be creeping up ever slowly. Most cross platform games basically have to support 360 and PS3 which are fixed hardware and also most people I know are not upgrading desktops much and are more likely to buy notebooks. They can add high res textures and special effects for the high end pcs.

Support as in it'll run on systems with dx11 software - like Vista/Windows 7, or support as in it'll use hardware DX11 specific features?

I must say Recommended are impressively low…strange, devs usually go with the latest/priciest hardware…
Think about the spec of the latest/priciest consoles...

By the way, I really want this on PC since I have my new one now, but that will mean losing my choices on Xbox 360. :( They really should make an upload savegame feature.

By the way, I really want this on PC since I have my new one now, but that will mean losing my choices on Xbox 360. :( They really should make an upload savegame feature.

Why on PC?

It seems they've wised up (in financial terms) and made a proper console version this time.

'They' never made a console version in the first place; It was Edge of Reality who ported it.

Most people don't care who ported it. Bioware still paid and approved it.

But anyway, if it really does play better on the console, of course I´ll have to get that. I just think that the gameplay will be slightly different like with the first.

I don't think it will be better on the console, but that it will be very close to the PC version - where DA:O had an inferior console version.

Thought you were a console guy preferring the sofa and what not - which is why I was puzzled :)

I must say Recommended are impressively low…strange, devs usually go with the latest/priciest hardware…

DAO and even the addon (or it was a big DLC I don't remember!!), was the RPG of those last 5 years that perform the best on my PC, my PC is now close to be five years old. So I'm not surprised if they try continue minimize their ambition to improve a lot the performances.

It's The Witcher 2 that will certainly kill my current PC. I didn't finished last parts of The Witcher because of performances, so it's already on my plan to buy a stronger computer for The Witcher 2, and I'll even get a bonus, finish The Witcher before to play the Witcher 2. :)

I don't think it will be better on the console, but that it will be very close to the PC version - where DA:O had an inferior console version.

Thought you were a console guy preferring the sofa and what not - which is why I was puzzled :)

But I have a killer PC now! I must find something to feed to it. :( I still have a stack of hardly played Xbox 360 games, too. :( And lately I've only played PS2 emulated games on my PC. :( At least I'm putting it to work with that. :)

DAO and even the addon (or it was a big DLC I don't remember!!), was the RPG of those last 5 years that perform the best on my PC, my PC is now close to be five years old.

I`m playing it now and I observed that while character models are very detailed, the environs are rather simplistic. Well, for a `09 game anyway. It might have something to do with them not being so sure this game will sell and also having this other lil` project called Mass Effect....

Still, clever scaling...and the game still looks great.

Back
Top Bottom