Hartacon Tactics - New Indiegogo Campaign

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Hartacon Tactics is running a new Indiegogo Campaign asking for €20,000 to help finish the game. Here is a re-cap of the game for those that have no idea what the game is.

Hi! My name is Daniele Messina, I'm from Italy. On the Internet I often go by the nickname Charlie Fleed. I'm a Computer Engineer with a passion for RPGs and strategic games. If you are reading this, you probably like them too. Well, then Hartacon Tactics is for you!

Hartacon Tactics is a turn-based strategy RPG developed for PC where players challenge each other in online battles, also featuring a single-player campaign. Each player controls a party of fighters chosen from eight different classes and can face all enemies alone or team up in alliances. Battles take place in 2D isometric maps with 4-angles view and zoom.
You can also download a short demo of the game.

More information.

It looks like a decent game and I might try the demo later… Maybe even back it. But I doubt he has any shot of getting ~$25,000 on Indiegogo… Lords of Xulima only got $12,000 there and I think that is considered really good… Only a handful of video games got over $20K there. And I know it's difficult to get on Kickstarter if you live outside of North America / UK, but most games fail badly on Indiegogo due to the site being a lot less popular and stigmatized because of the flexible funding thing; which even fixed funding IG campaigns seem to suffer from. It's a shame and it would be great to have a real alternative crowd-funding site. But for now, whatever hoops you have to jump through to get onto Kickstarter are probably worth it.

The art doesn't look really good, it looks like something made with the Ipad in mind. Those frogmen units look really strange for instance. Also it doesn't look like it will have much of a compelling story. I'm a huge, huge SRPG fanatic but so far this one doesn't interest me much, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom