Gta 5

CDpr is not making PC port of a few years old game. So - no.

PC port? What are you even talking about?

So the the witcher isn't a 30GB download and a 100GB install as couch stated?

That clears it up, thanks Joxer.

PC port? What are you even talking about?

So the the witcher isn't a 30GB download and a 100GB install as couch stated?

That clears it up, thanks Joxer.

I'm sayinf the witcher is not couple of years old console game now being ported to PC.

Well a little update for the thread.

I just picked up GTA V on disc today, and had to spend a couple hours installing it off the 7 DVDs. Funnily enough after installation I still had to download a 5 GB patch.:mad:

Wow, I'm sorry guys I was reading multiple threads when posting and thought this was the witcher 3 thread. That's why I was talking about CDPR. I'm guessing that's what brought on the eye rolling.:blush:

I would love to say I was drunk but since I don't drink I'll blame it on the 13 hour days I've been working for the past month or on just plain stupidity on my part.

Anyway I'm off to Florida for 10 days for a well deserved vacation so hopefully my post will return to at least making a little sense.:)

Was going to wait for a price drop, but alas, bought it today. Downloading now.

I've been playing it quite a bit now (about 50% progress according to the save game), and it's quite a fun game. A few things keep it from being a top notch game though:

- The in-game economy is totally messed up. Maybe they balanced it for online mode or something, because in story mode it just doesn't make any sense. Buy a business that will take years to break even? That's simply not worth the investment.
- The cars still don't have traction control. Come on Rockstar, a modern super sports car doesn't slide around as if it's on ice when it's on dry roads.
- The air vehicle controls are still crap. Not quite as crap as helicopters in GTA4, which are still the worst controls I've ever come across in a game, but it's still pretty bad.
- Some of the mini-games are just plain silly, like yoga. Luckily, they're mostly optional, so it's certainly not a big problem.
- The character swapping was an interesting idea, but it worked better in GTA4 where one story was played at a time, and then re-visited later on (DLCs) from a different point of view. It becomes too frantic in GTA5.

What I'd want for the next GTA is actually more "Sims", which sounds a bit odd, I know. Let me explain:
- I want a sense of progression, especially in terms of career. Start low, as a small time criminal, and then take it from there. End up as a kingpin, having gone through various stages where the character had to run an organization (such as Heists, but without having to do all the collect crap).
- This would also come into play in terms of housing, cars and so on. Finally buying a massive mansion where pool parties can be thrown for all the strippers and gold diggers in town should feel like an accomplishment.

Niko, from GTA4, felt like he was moving a bit up in the world at least, but it was lacking back then as well. In GTA5 that feeling is pretty much gone, and that's the main problem: I feel like all three characters are basically going nowhere. I'll definitely complete the game, but I doubt I'll re-visit any time soon.

I feel like all three characters are basically going nowhere.
I thought that's the normal thing in consolegames. Going nowhere, just like the platform itself.

Well a little update for the thread.

I just picked up GTA V on disc today, and had to spend a couple hours installing it off the 7 DVDs. Funnily enough after installation I still had to download a 5 GB patch.:mad:

After I had "installed" MMX a few weeks ago, it insisted on downloading 11 GB …

But now it runs at least on Windows XP as well …

Alrik, any word about ETA on patch 29?

pic.jpg

No idea, sorry.

People expecting games not designed for PCs to be best on PCs....

Why not? PC can emulate anything.

1.29 patch got released and the effect is basically this (copied from Steam forums):
minigun lag/stutter = GONE
ammunation fps drops = GONE
shoting shotguns fps drops = GONE
driving around in citys stutter / fps drops = GONE
bumping into cars stutter = GONE
fps drops = still there but its playable now
There are however a few players who say the patch didn't help them.

I've never played a GTA game, are there role playing elements? Are the gurlies bangable? :)

Neither did I, so I want to know what's the fuss about. Dunno about Mass Effect stuff in it. :D

Why not? PC can emulate anything.
That might the reason why PCs are the number one platform for ports, while having so few originally designed for PC products.
Flexibility is not that good.

Dunno why it isn't good. Without the "power", we'd never be able to play c64/ZXspectrum classics from our childhood again. I mean… My c64 is still in my room, but it doesn't work any more and I just can't force myself to trash it. :(
Also, with the existing freeware emulator (Bluestacks), we don't have to buy android phones to play android games on PC.

What isn't good is Nintendo and Sony's determination to sabotage any fan made emulator project. Instead, we're forced to wait for silly and usually horrible ports.

I've never played a GTA game, are there role playing elements? Are the gurlies bangable? :)

There's prostitutes you can pick up, and once your rep is high enough with the strippers from the club you can visit their apartments for booty calls. :p

As for RPG elements, I'd say there are some light ones. Your character has stats, and I think the world itself is very atmospheric and well realized. I do wish exploration was more gratifying though. This world just begs to be explored, but there really is little to find off the beaten path. There are some side missions that pop up at certain spots, but other than those, nothing worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom