Mass Effect IV - 10 New Things We Learned

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
If you want to read another list of information about the next Mass Effect game then head on over to whatculture for a new list they posted this week.

Forgetting the disappointing ending of the third game, playing through the Mass Effect trilogy in its entirety is one of the best, most absorbing video game experiences out there. With greatness comes equally great expectations though, and the hugely anticipated Mass Effect 4 has a tremendous amount to live up to.

EA and BioWare have been very tight-lipped about Mass Effect 4, with only speculation and the occasional dropped hint to go by, until now. San Diego Comic-Con International is the largest convention of its kind in the world, and it often features some big video game announcements among its various talks and panels.

BioWare held their very own panel at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, and it was primarily used as a platform to discuss the next Mass Effect game. While a huge amount of new details weren’t discussed, some interesting titbits were revealed, and certain things that have until now only been hinted at were confirmed.

This list looks at ten new things we learned about the next Mass Effect game through the BioWare panel. From protagonist details to the general direction of the new title, the future of the Mass Effect series is now just that little bit clearer.
More information.

Seems today I'm just evil and can't help myself…

I've read about all of those on various sites and sources and those things are hardly all new. Perhaps to whatculture they are. To fans, not really.

Just as example "It’s Not Actually Called Mass Effect 4". Okay we didn't know it for years, but for at least a month we did.

But there is a new thing for me. Coop.
Sadly the only thing I don't want to see in new ME game is any kind of multiplayer, and seems it's in. Is there any possibility to release a full singleplayer game and sell only multiplayer options, items and varieties as DLC, please?

Worth noticing on that site is "10 Video Game Franchises That Never Got Better Than The First Instalment" list that has Mass Effect on #4:
http://whatculture.com/gaming/10-video-game-franchises-never-got-better-first-instalment.php/4
Can't but agree.

Is there any possibility to release a full singleplayer game and sell only multiplayer options, items and varieties as DLC, please?
That would indeed be great.

Worth noticing on that site is "10 Video Game Franchises That Never Got Better Than The First Instalment" list that has Mass Effect on #4:
#8 ;)

playing through the Mass Effect trilogy in its entirety is one of the best, most absorbing video game experiences out there.

Fail…

During much of the time I spent playing ME 2 & 3, I felt like I was just forcing myself through so I could complete it.

Fail…

During much of the time I spent playing ME 2 & 3, I felt like I was just forcing myself through so I could complete it.

Agreed, except I couldn't even force myself through ME3, despite trying more than once.

It SHOULD have been one of the better experiences in gaming - and I expected it to be after ME1 - but it was a major disappointment overall, to put it mildly.

To have the mainstream media cover Bioware in honey and lick it off every other day is a pretty annoying state of affairs, as I don't feel it accurately reflects the quality of their games.

Agree in full, the whole Mass Effect series just plummeted after the first game. Such promise, such momentum. such failure. A true shame. By far, the last was the worse.

I feel alone in this world :(

I enjoyed ME 1-2. It was good fun, nothing serious, just fun casual rpg. But has almost 0 replay ability :(

playing through the Mass Effect trilogy in its entirety is one of the best, most absorbing video game experiences out there.
For me, this is true. I felt the same way.

I enjoyed ME 1-2. It was good fun, nothing serious, just fun casual rpg. But has almost 0 replay ability :(

That simply can't be.
Try another class. And, if not too much of a hassle, sex, although it's not necessary.
You'll have completely different playstyle if played first as, let's say vanguard, and next game you pick adept. One is closecombat expert, the other is squishy "mage".

Fail…

Yep, for me BioWare is the Metallica of video games - you know they "sold out" long, long ago but you still feel obligated to buy everything they put out and play that trash through fully once.

That simply can't be.
Try another class. And, if not too much of a hassle, sex, although it's not necessary.
You'll have completely different playstyle if played first as, let's say vanguard, and next game you pick adept. One is closecombat expert, the other is squishy "mage".

I did try that joxer. It still failed to engage me. While combat side of things are different, dialogues etc remain same - I valued story the most in ME1 which doesn't vary regardless of the class you play and same with dialogues in ME2, in addition, both aren't really that long. I'm not sure if I want to play male Shep... that's more of my fault, but I just can't play a guy!

I will get around to it again once I finally finished BG1:EE, KotOR1/2.

I'm not sure if I want to play male Shep… that's more of my fault, but I just can't play a guy
It's only natural that you wouldn't, my desert flower. To play as a different gender than your own in games where it's almost expected of you to self insert like in the ME series would be akin to cross-dressing, something that would not be of interest of anyone who isn't a deviant lowlife.

Brainwashed '99 on RPGwatch?

DLC quoter = Instaadded on ignorelist

I loved 'em. The experience changes through the 3 games, obviously, but I agree, "playing through the Mass Effect trilogy in its entirety is one of the best, most absorbing video game experiences out there."

Come get some.

The ME series has loads of flaws and the story has more holes than a Swiss cheese. However, it's still a brilliant series, with some of the best quest lines I've ever seen (Geth vs Quarian and Turian vs Krogan). Also some of the best characters (Mordin and Wrex for example). On top of that, it's one of few sci-fi RPGs out there, which means I'm automatically drawn to it.

I've been skeptical of ME4 though, because of the direction the series took. However, the article mentioned some of the keywords that I've been moaning about on these forums for years now: Exploration and Star Trek vibe. If that's actually happening in the ME universe, I'm jizzing in my pants.

Then again, this is just speculation at this point, so I don't think I'll run out of boxer shorts anytime soon.

The same recipe as for DA2: placing the story in the same time line as the previous.

Something tells they have structural problems that lead to the same solution.

Back
Top Bottom