Mass Effect 3 - Leviathan DLC Review @ Gamespot

aries100

SasqWatch
Gamespot has penned a review 6/10 for this game
A quote about how this DLC compares to ME2's DLCs:
Compared to Mass Effect 2's finest add-ons, which matched emotional storytelling with exciting gameplay, Mass Effect 3: Leviathan comes up short. That oceanic reverie is singular but brief, the gameplay already having drawn to a close before you reach the story's climax. The bulk of the adventure occurs in a laboratory on the Citadel, where a scientist has discovered signs of a creature or being so powerful as to be a potential reaper-killer. Thus begins your career as detective Shepard, walking around the lab and clicking on things until you're allowed to continue.
More information.

1) Make an effort to develop a team-based action-rpg game with a great universe, good plot, emotional interactions with your squad-mates who you can really like. (with terrible fetch quests, and glitchy mechanics)
2) Make a sequel where you nerf rpg segments, side quests, and make the main plot a npc-loyalty quests which somewhat defend "talking part".
3) Make a final part of the story, where you bring back customization of equipment, polish mechanics, copy the blueprint of "gather a team/army" but at the same time nerf dialogue options with npcs, amount of them with your squad mates (which in many times are your friends), and ofc make an ending which has very little logic comparing to plot developed in the first part of the series.
4) Be Bioware+EA (tho i think that saying its only ea fault is a mistake. It was Bioware decision to join them, it's on their account what has happened to DA franchise and ME.)

1) Make an effort to develop a team-based action-rpg game with a great universe, good plot, emotional interactions with your squad-mates who you can really like. (with terrible fetch quests, and glitchy mechanics)
2) Make a sequel where you nerf rpg segments, side quests, and make the main plot a npc-loyalty quests which somewhat defend "talking part".
3) Make a final part of the story, where you bring back customization of equipment, polish mechanics, copy the blueprint of "gather a team/army" but at the same time nerf dialogue options with npcs, amount of them with your squad mates (which in many times are your friends), and ofc make an ending which has very little logic comparing to plot developed in the first part of the series.
4) Be Bioware+EA (tho i think that saying its only ea fault is a mistake. It was Bioware decision to join them, it's on their account what has happened to DA franchise and ME.)

BioWare's secret recipe?

***​
Haha, people are so angry and resentful in the comments.

Classic symptoms of denial?

__

Why, because I'm not angry and resentful?

Because you rely on a factually unsupported supposition that others are angry and resentful to support your perception of reality.

__

Last edited:
Because you rely on a factually unsupported supposition that others are angry and resentful to support your perception of reality.

__

Sounds right to me. He enjoys the game and can't see why others don't. Or he just trolls ME topics rallying against anyone with a different opinion. I can't tell which one best fits.;)

Sounds right to me. He enjoys the game and can't see why others don't. Or he just trolls ME topics rallying against anyone with a different opinion. I can't tell which one best fits.;)

I troll, I troll. ;) But really, referring to the comment section of the GameSpot article, who can deny that my assertion that people are angry and resentful is unsupported?

They are and a large percentage of them is going to buy the next Bioware game.

I troll, I troll. ;) But really, referring to the comment section of the GameSpot article, who can deny that my assertion that people are angry and resentful is unsupported?

No one is denying that your characterization of other people as "so angry and resentful in the comments" is "unsupported". (Presumably there's a typographical error, an unsolicited spelling correction, or the like, at work here.)

But to the point, since you asked. You cite not a single sentence, phrase, or word from the Gamespot review to support your "so angry and resentful" characterization. You cite absolutely nothing in support of your initial "Haha" comment.

As you cite nothing in support of your assertion, your assertion is by definition factually unsupported.

The Gamespot review of the Leviathan DLC is relatively long and detailed. It is critical in some places and and positive in others, (For example, the statement, "Yet there are impactful moments here: one that tugs at your heart, and another that fills you with ominous dread…", is clearly positive.) As a general rule, the review sets forth factual support for its various comments.

Why do you believe the comments of the Gamespot review to be "so angry and resentful"? What is the factual basis for your rather extreme characterization of the author's emotional state of mind?

Having said all of that I would add my opinion that despite some decent, and even good, game reviewers out there, the overall current state of game review journalism leaves a lot to be desired. I'm also not a big fan of many movie reviewers, for what its worth.

__

He refers to the comments given to the article, not the article itself. They are what he calls them.

Having said all of that I would add my opinion that despite some decent, and even good, game reviewers out there, the overall current state of game review journalism leaves a lot to be desired. I'm also not a big fan of many movie reviewers, for what its worth.__

Uhm, I was actually talking about the comments section below the review. Even the positive comments are angry. As for examples of what I meant, see below. Note that this is basically most of the first few comments in the comment section. Fun read! :)

mr Kevin VanOrd you look old and unhealthy. probably no girlfriend so must mastu*bate every day ...sad looser stop giving out idiotic reviews ...time to praise Bioware [...]

this reviewer is an idiot.

More DLC garbage.

So crap then, Like anyone was really surprised, also youtube is your friend

this dlc should be free. Its nothing more than a self explanatory plot to tie in with the shitty ending.

guarantee EA has bioware in a bi-annual mass effect contract for atleast the next 6-10 years
2014 - mass effect 4 "beginnings"
2016 - mass effect - "beginnings of beginnings"
2018 - mass effect - "how the ME universe started"
2020 - mass effect - "blah bluh bluh"
2022 - mass effect - "3D" a whole new thing for 2022

Complete assimilation of BioWare complete. Searching for new targets.

I could go on. ;)

Thanks for clarifying that you meant reader comments. I agree with your "Haha" comment; some of those comments are indeed funny. Still not sure that any can objectively be seen as angry and/or resentful. Although some of the personal and otherwise out of bounds comments might be objectively argued to be attempts to provoke anger and/or resentment, most appear to be bad attempts at humor; the type of humor one might expect from an amateur stand up comedian in a falling down drunk nightclub.

From what I've seen and read, extreme comments are par for the course in public journalism; a thick skin is a basic and generally accepted requirement for a successful career in journalism.

__

Last edited:
It's just another day on the internet. You want to see comments to laugh and feel pity about just read YouTube comments.;)

It's easy to ignore them after reading so many comments from juvenile trolls. I apologize Thaurin. :) In this case you are right.

Well, I read through YouTube comments for entertainment value sometimes, too. It's a nice demonstration of internet psychology. :) So predictable, it makes me feel comfortable, hehe.

Just finished Leviathan, despite my Xbox crapping out on me 4 minutes before the end, grrr. Yay, YouTube. I'd say it is worth the price of admission and the end scene does add a lot to galactic history and lore. Was pretty impressive. Not a whole lot of combat, though.

Back
Top Bottom