Might & Magic Heroes VII - Announcement

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Ubisoft & Limbic Entertainment announced Might & Magic Heroes VII at Gamescom today, and released a trailer to go along with the news.

Today, Ubisoft announced Might & Magic® Heroes VII, a return to the fan-beloved turn based strategy games. Developed by Limbic Entertainment, a team of devoted Might & Magic fans, Might & Magic® Heroes VII promises to be the best of the series, respecting its long-standing tradition and introducing new innovative features to the franchise. Might & Magic® Heroes VII will be available exclusively on Windows® PC in 2015.

For 20 years the Might & Magic® Heroes titles have set a new standard for computer strategy games. Combining a deep fantasy universe with a complete strategic experience, a rich RPG progression and a strong story narrative, Might & Magic® Heroes VII offers players a more detailed world than ever to explore and conquer, a complex economic system to master and legendary creatures to face in epic battles.

By joining the Shadow Council, available on the Might & Magic® Heroes VII website, fans will be able to share their passion and enrich the game formula with their own contributions. Being part of the Shadow Council will allow fans to chat with developers, comment, share, interact and influence the content of the game, each step of the way granting them its own reward. As a remarkable start, fans will be able to vote for 2 of the 6 factions that will be available in the final game.

The story of Might & Magic® Heroes VII depicts the civil war that changed the ruling dynasty of the Holy Empire. The Empress’ murder has left an empty throne, a realm in flames and too many hungry rivals intent on claiming it. The Duke Ivan calls together a prestigious council of six trusted advisors in search of a viable path for putting an end to this war of succession.
If your interested in the game you can join the Shadow Council, and help in the direction of its development. Just like the last game Might and Magic X: Legacy.

More information.

Haven't played any of these games in a looong time. Just installed HoMM 2 on my tablet, so I'll likely give that a go sometime soon.

Yeah, I liked the idea, too. They got a sale out of me on GoG just so I could put it on my Android tablet. There's an Android version of Dosbox, called Dosbox Turbo. It costs $3.50. I'm no expert (just been teaching myself lately), but it seems to work pretty well. I just put Heroes of Might and Magic 2 on my tablet tonight. It seemed to control pretty well, but I just messed with it for a minute to make sure it was working.

I also put on Jagged Alliance 1, which looked like it was going to be a pain in the arse to control. (Someone has written what looks like a very nice Jagged Alliance 2 emulator for Android, but it installs to a directory I don't have access to. I've rooted my phone but not my tablet, and I don't feel like doing it at this late stage.) Master of Orion 2 I messed with the most. It controls like a dream on the touchscreen. Easy to install, too. I also put on Betrayal at Krondor, which runs and controls fine, it seems, although I haven't gotten the sound to work yet, if I can. If not, I'm OK with that. Lords of the Realm 1 works, though I didn't test the controls much. Populous 2 seemed to work and control well.

That was it for my night's work. Give me a shout if you feel like trying out Dosbox on your Android. Like I said, I'm no expert, but I could tell you how to get those games I mentioned running as well as I've got them going. Really, the only problem I've had is no sound on Krondor. Games that are entirely mouse driven just translate better to a touchscreen.

didn't realize any of the homm games had already reached the mobile platforms. Thanks for the heads up! By someone we know's definition though, they would all automatically be crappy since, you know, mobile. :D

OT, i hope they manage to bring back the magic of the previous games. 4 was the last time I really played through it. Can't even distinguish between 5 & 6 in my memory anymore since I didn't even finish a single race campaign for either.

EDIT: oh, it requires some kind of emulator. Still, worth checking out just to get to play those while on the move.

Bah, I was hoping the gamescom announcement would have been M&MXI !
You will have to wait a few more years as I'm sure it will be made eventually. As for me I can wait as I have plenty of games to play in the meantime next year.

Frankly Uplay doesn't bother me anymore as I have to use Steam, Origin, and a few other services to play other games. So its not going away anytime soon either.:)

I've played all of the games in the series, and I believe VI was the first one I didn't finish, not even one campaign. I just couldn't get into it, the hero progression felt dull, magic felt severly under powered compared to the earlier games, and the fact that you could rebuild the castles you took to your own factions meant that army building was a no-brainer.

I will probably buy this anyway, but I'm hoping for a better experience than the last one.

I thought VI was very good - and I'm looking forward to a sequel. I wish they'd implement a better multiplayer mode, though.

I play these games exclusively in multiplayer - or singleplayer as "practice". I usually find the campaigns incredibly dull and repetitive.

In VI, after one of the expansions, you could play with simultaneous turns - but after encountering a player, it would enforce sequential turns - which is horrible when playing anything except hotseat.

So, they need to fix that - though it can be quite a design challenge. But it's doable.

I liked VI a lot, except for not being able to use my artifacts offline. Now on the trailer... I hate cinematic trailers with a passion! That trailer could have been made for HoMM 1 20 years ago and it would have been the same. Make it in-game so I can actually see the changes.

I actually loved HoMM6 and bought myself pirate DLC, but refused to buy the second DLC as they got EAish.
Sure, it's not stellar title, but it's not nearly as bad as it could have been. A few maps in campaign are superirritating as mobs spawn endlessly and just one wrong path means you're gone - and linearity on the map is something we don't want in HoMM!
Oh, and uPlay is not an obstacle really. It is annoying, just not that much.

HoMM7 will be instabuy for me if:
- no monthsafter DLC
- no season pass

If any of those two happen, I will skip the game just as I won't buy FarCry4 because of the same reasons and will patiently wait for M&M11.

Limbic was already involved in Heroes VI. Ubi giving them Heroes VII, the more valuable M&M franchise, makes hope for another RPG after that.

VI was ok. The idea of these games is good but they never quite satisfy me anymore compared to earlier versions. I prefer AOW3 to anything HOMM at this point - far, far, FAR better tactical combat and overall game. Actually, I ultimately found HOMM VI unplayable because the tactical is so stupidly bad. No zone of control or retaliation and very unsophisticated. AOW3 tactical is worlds better.

If they upgrade the tactical to actually be tactical that would be a plus and make the game worth checking out.

I despise UPlay too but other than being a piece of crap it's harmless. I've suffered thru it to play some games and survived.

I would've much rather seen another MM game announced since even with the horrific load times and other issues I enjoyed the heck out of MMX, far more so than I did HOMM VI.

Saw big pictures at the Games Com, but no place to look further into this game.

I've played all of the games in the series, and I believe VI was the first one I didn't finish, not even one campaign. I just couldn't get into it, the hero progression felt dull, magic felt severly under powered compared to the earlier games, and the fact that you could rebuild the castles you took to your own factions meant that army building was a no-brainer.

I will probably buy this anyway, but I'm hoping for a better experience than the last one.

Yep, same here. I just didn't feel the Mojo anymore; but tbh. the last Heroes I really played was III. Anything since IV has been a series of letdowns. *shrug* I can't even exactly say why.

Partially, I loved the 1-3 Heroes because it was intertwined with M&M the RPG series. I felt connected to that world. But then, the entire world lore crumbled, and the new generic worlds said nothing to me.

Back
Top Bottom