Dragon Age: Inquisition - Has Gone Gold

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Dragon Age Executive Producer Mark Darrah posted a new update on the Bioware blog that Dragon Age: Inquisition has gone gold, and will be ready for it's release date.

I’m excited to announce that Dragon Age: Inquisition has gone gold on all platforms! This milestone is a testament to the hard work of the developers (and their families!) who put so much into this game, and took on every challenge that was put before them. That we’ve made it this far is also an acknowledgment of tremendous support and patience from our fans: you’ve been an inspiration to us since the beginning.
More information.

Games still go gold? Why? Just upload it to the Steam & GOG guys. ;)

So to put all the clowns to rest gone gold means the following.;)
The term "release to manufacturing", also known as "going gold", is a term used when a software product is ready to be delivered or provided to the customer.

You know, consoles still exist…. and the certification process is still there.
Some of us couldn't care less for consoles. We like to be spoiled with fancyness possible only on PC.

Because Steam takes a 30% cut and EA wants that money for itself.
If only you were right.
EA wanted to put virtual moneylaundry currencies in non pay2win games. Steam disallows that. Because of EA didn't want to let go of Bioware Points scam, Steam refused to put Mass Effect 3 in the catalogue. The story, obviously, continued and until EA stops with that crap, you won't see a new EA game on Steam.

I'm not the kind of guy who usually goes full hyperbole when discussing "teh evilz corporations". I mean, Christ, I've remade my profile specifically to offset the anti-Steam nonsense that occasionally flares up around here.

But.. EA... sucks. Sucks butt. Filthy butt. They're terrible is what I'm saying.

It's nice to hear that they're -finally- turning away from BW Points, but we'll see how DA3 DLC will be priced. DA2 and the latter ME games had unconscionable policies on that front, and there are just too many other great games right now.

The historical accounts of EA withdrawing from Steam are dripping with blood that was never shed in the first place ;) .

The sole reason EA withdrew (or was forced to withdraw) some of their games from Steam was due to a change in Valve's TOS.
Valve decided to disallow the purchase of DLC from within a game via anything else than the Steam client. They wanted a cut from *everything*.
EA, however, wanted to retain the right that, if people clicked on a 'purchase DLC' link within a game, instead of Steam they'd be taken to an EA site where they could buy the DLC with -back then- virtual or -as of now- real currency.
Steam said 'nope, it's either through us or not at all' and EA said 'kthxbye cya guys'.

All of the above happened on completely amicable terms by the way so there is no need to fantasize about Gabe giving EA his meaty finger or EA crying themselves to sleep at night over losing Steam.

The historical accounts of EA withdrawing from Steam are dripping with blood that was never shed in the first place ;) .

The sole reason EA withdrew (or was forced to withdraw) some of their games from Steam was due to a change in Valve's TOS.
Valve decided to disallow the purchase of DLC from within a game via anything else than the Steam client. They wanted a cut from *everything*.
EA, however, wanted to retain the right that, if people clicked on a 'purchase DLC' link within a game, instead of Steam they'd be taken to an EA site where they could buy the DLC with -back then- virtual or -as of now- real currency.
Steam said 'nope, it's either through us or not at all' and EA said 'kthxbye cya guys'.

All of the above happened on completely amicable terms by the way so there is no need to fantasize about Gabe giving EA his meaty finger or EA crying themselves to sleep at night over losing Steam.

You brought common sense and the truth to an EA lynching? How dare you.;)

Honestly I can't believe were still whining about Origin. I've had it on my computer since shortly after it came out and have never had a problem with it.

I'm not ecstatic about having multiple clients on my pc to run games but I won't let it stop me from playing all the great games that our out now, regardless of what client they require.

What's funny is there was a time not too long ago when people thought steam was the devil too.

I still don't like having to use any of them to run games but I have zero to hide so what do I really care.

Honestly I can't believe were still whining about Origin. I've had it on my computer since shortly after it came out and have never had a problem with it.

I'm not ecstatic about having multiple clients on my pc to run games but I won't let it stop me from playing all the great games that our out now, regardless of what client they require.

What's funny is there was a time not too long ago when people thought steam was the devil too.

Very true. As for Origin, I'm installing and using it on a case by case basis whenever required for a game I want to play. Never had any real serious issue with it except when Alice Madness Returns refused to work but the Steam version didn't work either so it was more of a general EA DRM issue than an Origin specific problem.
Other than that, as a German, I'm glad that Origin has multilingual (English) games now (in the early days they only had localized German versions = yuck) and Origin Free Game Time is great to check out and demo some games.
For example, I recently took advantage of their BF4 offer to download, install and play through BF4's single player campaign all for free which was pretty cool.
My only remaining gripe with Origin would be the geo-IP bullshit. It would be great to be able to permanently use the English language shop instead of being forced to use the DE shop all the time. If the games are multilingual why can't the shop be, too?

Ah but its what many of us secretly think before going to sleep. And now you ruined it with facts :biggrin:

If the game is already gold more than two weeks before release, they will probably release a big day-1 patch, so it will very likely play without any game stopper bug.

Back
Top Bottom