Pathologic - On Top of the Table

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Pathologic kickstarter has made $169,162 of the games $250,000 goal with 28 days left, and has a new update about the tabletop version of the game.

I’m Liu Sukhinina, and my job is making Pathologic the tabletop game. It’s time to come out of the shadow and tell you a little bit more about what it looks like.

First of all, please keep in mind that while the visual and narrative design of the tabletop game is created by the Ice-Pick team themselves, its gameplay is being developed by a different team that has more experience with board games. The team is: Fuad "Funt" Kuliev, Andrey "Lenoran" Salik, Elena "Joker" Vishina, and me. We’ve been making games for more than seven years. Each of us has their own experience and tastes, but if there’s something we do have in common, it’s our love for original Pathologic and desire to make a great engaging game based upon it.

Making a tabletop Pathologic game is hard. There’s too much story, too much detail, too much weird charm that’s hard to put into words and that we desperately want to keep. We’ve tried different approaches, but in the end decided to use the main plotline of original Pathologic, the plot points and characters you know and love.
More information.

I bought the original and it is a 'special' game. That's for sure.

It's certainly worth a try if you're Russian and buy the Russian version.
The English version is a bit strange.

I am likely to buy the remake when it comes out and it somewhat more polished than the original.

Back
Top Bottom