Heart Forth, Alicia - A New Metroidvania RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I found another kickstarter game last night I think a few of you might be interested in called Heart Forth, Alicia. The developer Alonso Martin is asking for $60,000.

At Heart Forth, Alicia's core is an ode to the classics. Remember the electrifying gameplay of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, the expansive worlds of the Zelda games, and the rich, engaging story of Xenogears? This game is crafted in the spirit of those great adventures of the '90s.

The story unfolds amidst the repercussions of centuries worth of struggle, strife, and bloodshed between cultures, races and worldviews. But above all else, it's an epic Metroidvania RPG that combines timeless 16- and 32-bit gameplay, modern mechanics, and a set of unique, intertwining stories to take you on a fantastic journey.

• Master devastating and versatile magic spells to annihilate your enemies and solve creative puzzles.
  • Engage in fast, agile melee combat with an enchanted wizard's whip, over 20 special attacks and upgrades, and a wide array of mobility skills.
  • Adventure through a vast, intricately detailed world filled with hidden wonders and puzzles, dastardly platforming, lethal dungeons, and much, much more.
  • Play with powerful RPG elements that include all the gear, loot, sidequests, upgrades, crafting, and gameplay depth that make for a classic RPG experience.
  • Discover 5 secret fairy companions to crush, shock, freeze, and burn your enemies, or save you at your most dire moment of need.
  • Experience a deep and immersive story that takes place within a much larger history of events and cultures, and starring a cast of fascinating, memorable characters.
More information.

Awesome, and grats to these guys! They're almost finished with their Kickstarter, and they're only two days in. :) This game does look pretty sweet...

Wow, that one looks almost stunningly beautiful.

Remember the electrifying gameplay of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, the expansive worlds of the Zelda games, and the rich, engaging story of Xenogears? This game is crafted in the spirit of those great adventures of the '90s.
No I don't remember. Even if I did, why would it be important?
I see nothing beautiful there, just some vids that smell like an upcoming platformer. Sorry but acrobatics in games is not something I want. No pledge from me.

Pretty!

joxer: Hush. The pixel art looks homey and comely.

I read that Cave Story was an inspiration, and does remind me a bit of it. Atmospheric exploration and gameplay abound. Much more than a simple platformer, really.

Actually, I hadn't heard of the term "metroidvania" before. Turn's out it's a whole sub-genre:
gaming.wikia.com said:
Metroidvania (also known as Castleroid) is a genre of 2D platformer games with an emphasis on an exploratory action-adventure structure.

Many games fuse platformer fundamentals with elements of action-adventure games such as The Legend of Zelda or with elements of RPGs. (more)

Back
Top Bottom