Dragon Age 2 - News Roundup #8

I said I would report back, right? I'm now level 16, so I think I've played enough to form an opinion. This game is crap. The combat, which is all you do, really, is so fucking chaotic, hectic and fast it's literally impossible to keep track of events. At the same time the camera is shit outdoors and nigh unusable indoors. You would think that no friendly fire was dumbing down, right? No. Having experienced this abomination of a combat system it becomes apparent that disabling FF was the only sensible decision.

Exactly what I thought when I played that demo. Thanks for confirming that it will only get worse from there.

I've had this discussion before about gameplay ramifications versus storyline ramifications. I'm not discounting the latter, I am just saying Bioware games have always concentrated on that and not the former, so DA2 doing it is no surprise.

Yes and I think DA:O did a rather good job with these "storyline ramifications" even though some of them were only part of epilogue slides.
The point is that besides some companion stuff and few minor quests, DA2 is not "doing it" and your char´s choices are either ignored or not given at all.

Yes and I think DA:O did a rather good job with these "storyline ramifications" even though some of them were only part of epilogue slides.
The point is that besides some companion stuff and few minor quests, DA2 is not "doing it" and your char´s choices are either ignored or not given at all.

I suppose DA2 might be worse... I just finished chapter two and it certainly seems like no matter what I did that big fight at the end was inevitable. I would guess the whole one-city-10-year thing might have something to do with that, as a different chapter two outcome would mean a wholly different chapter three.

Anyway, your decisions having major ramifications later on has never been a Bioware strong-point if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom