BioWare - How to Bounce Back @ GameFront

aries100

SasqWatch
GameFront has penned an article on how Bioware can bounce back after the BioDocs, Ray and Greg, has left the company. In it, the say that Bioware needs to return to its roots, stop counting the beans, as well as focus on new IPs and rebuild their community.

A quote on rebuilding the community:
In short, BioWare needs to essentially do the opposite of what it’s done since Dragon Age 2 was launched. This isn’t to say BioWare should simply do whatever fans tell them – they really should care about their, yes, artistic integrity, enough that they make the games they intend to make, regardless.
A quote on how Bioware should focus on new IPs:
BioWare should put Mass Effect 4 on hold, and focus on this unnamed new IP. In fact, they should release at least one other new game before even considering revisiting the Mass Effect Universe, or Dragon Age 4. Everything should be devoted to making these games as excellent as their previous successes.
More information.

And the Biodocs started their company down this path before EA bought them. And, yes, I do mean EA bought the Biodocs. They were nothing more than PR figureheads after they sold their souls to the devil that is EA. Their leaving now makes no difference, and I'm sure it was planned at the time of the buyout.

So, the premise of this article is kind of stupid, even though I don't disagree with his suggestion that they should become passionate about making art instead of money…..but, c'non….this is EA. Keep dreaming.

So, the premise of this article is kind of stupid, even though I don't disagree with his suggestion that they should become passionate about making art instead of money...

Bioware's passion for 'art' is what got us the craptacular ending to ME3. I don't think the problem with Bioware is that they aren't making the kind of game they want to make; the problem is the kind of game they want to make.

Some small splinter of former employees should cash out their stocks, start a small company and get the D&D contract or something similar and see what they can come up with.

Some of that has been going on already with the Enhanced Edition BG and even as far back as Mysteries of Westgate. Continuing Bioware now is like continuing Orign. Dragon Age and Mass Effect are like their Ultima 8 with SW:KotR their Ultima 9.

Its kind of how Bioware started out: reprising what was fun in those old games in a modern, updated way.

Bioware's passion for 'art' is what got us the craptacular ending to ME3.

Don't tell me you actually believe in that piss-poor excuse for the ending. They written themselves into a corner, failed to think ahead where the story goes and then Hudson written his obvious pile of crap but had enough pull that no-one dared to call him on that. 'Artistic integrity', indeed.

Article presumes that Bioware is in charge of its destiny after having been sold to EA…

Not anymore the Doc's leaving was a sign Bioware is completely owned by EA now. The proverbial nail in the coffin so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom