Baldursgate.com

If it is a pure iOS port, I'll buy it, but it will be strange playing the vanilla games again. I've gotten quite used to the fixpacks, tweekpacks, and a few of the other mods.

You know there's a Baldur's Gate Hack'n Slash game, right?

Yep, which was published by Interplay, who at that time held the D&D rights. There was two of them.

Or do you think Baldur's Gate, which is a part of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting for Dungeons and Dragons Role Playing Games, is not part of the D&D franchise rights?

Did you have to do that to me Fnord? Seeing that POS again was traumatically amusing. :D

All of this talk of a graphical upgrade loses the point I think. Given the choice between a new game or new graphics, gee, I wonder which one I'd choose?
Ultimately it's superfluous to me as it does nothing to enhance gameplay. /grumpy anti-graphics whore mode switch off.

Did you have to do that to me Fnord? Seeing that POS again was traumatically amusing. :D

All of this talk of a graphical upgrade loses the point I think. Given the choice between a new game or new graphics, gee, I wonder which one I'd choose?
Ultimately it's superfluous to me as it does nothing to enhance gameplay. /grumpy anti-graphics whore mode switch off.

On the other hand, a graphical upgrade could introduce newer gamers to the BG series, which could make someone at Hasbro/whoever has the current D&D videogame rights see that there's still a market for cRPGs of high quality. And we could see a new BG as a result, or at least a new, quality cRPG.

Though to be frank, I'm hoping it doesn't happen until 5e is out. 4e sucks. I don't know how 5e will be, but it won't be 4e at least.

BG with much updated character graphics and more balanced battle system..... maybe it would make me love it......

<!— March 5, 2012 —>
<!— Shadowy Figure- Raise Dead : Infinity Engine —>
<!— "She left me to die. YOU left me to die. But Shar… Shar wanted me to live." —>

<!— "If you wish me dead, brother, it must be by your hand. No one else." —>

Kind of feels like viral marketing leading up to a big letdown at this point :p

After just looking at BG 1 again, it sure could use a graphics upgrade.

I'd settle for just natively allowing higher resolutions and redoing some of the fonts, movies, portraits, buttons etc at a largely level so they don't look tiny when you play it at 1280x800

I would be happy if it were retooled to allow higher resolutions & work with nVidia cards properly.

I do NOT want BG adapted to the Dragon Age Engine, or NWN. Most of all, please no zoomable camera.

Kind of feels like viral marketing leading up to a big letdown at this point :p

It's the second time there is a reference to Shar in the webpage code, the previous one was a lot more subtle though (and also referenced Selune).

Also, the Baldur's Gate games were never about Shar and her conflict with..well, everything.

I became so overwhelmed with nostalgia last weekend I reinstalled BG and intended to play on an old CRT. Unfortunately installation is as far as I got. I really need to replay this game and try to recruit new NPCs (seems I always end up with the same ones).

I'd settle for just natively allowing higher resolutions and redoing some of the fonts, movies, portraits, buttons etc at a largely level so they don't look tiny when you play it at 1280x800

Yeah I tried that with Torment and it was unreadable and unplayable because of the small GUI elements and small text.

You really needed a physically LARGE screen (not a laptop).

Yeah I tried that with Torment and it was unreadable and unplayable because of the small GUI elements and small text.

IIRC, at least with Ps:T there was a mod that would fix the font size (though the GUI was still small).

Same here… I always seem to end up with the canon party no matter what.

In BG1 it's always Imoen, Jaheria, Minsc, Vic, Xan, and Viconia ( kill off Khalid and Dynaheir). I did once play an 'all bitch' group though, had a chaotic evil female mage as my main character, then added Branwen, Dynaheir (killed off Minsc), Jaheria, Imoen and Viconia. That was ...interesting.

In BG1 since there isn't much banter, the NPC's don't seem that important (though I can't bare to part with Imoen)

In BG2 though, I keep trying to make myself play with other NPC's, but I always end up with Imoen, Aerie, Jaheira, Minsc, and either Nalia or Viconia. Last time through though I added Keldorn. He was not happy when I joined the Shadow Thieves.

I really hate that Yoshimo is the only true thief (well bounty hunter class) since he turns out to betray you. Several times I have ended up using ShadowKeeper to turn Imoen from a dual class Thief/Mage to a multiclass so she'll keep leveling up as a thief

I tried having Xan once, but that guy was a pain in the ass to keep alive. Any decent enemy killed him in one hit.

I like Viconia, but she always ends up leaving the party due to my reputation getting too high.

Back
Top Bottom