Earthlock - Release Date Pushed Back

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Snowcastle Games posted a post-funding update for Earthlock: Festival of Magic with information the games release has been pushed back, and gives a progress report.

Release Date Pushed: (October 2015)

In Developer Update #27 we pushed the release date until the end of June 2015. Over the last 6 months we've been able to see that our production speed is slower than we anticipated. We have tried to look at gameplay features and content that we might cut so we could stick to the release date in June, but we feel the game will suffer from it. Instead we think it is better to push the release to October this year. The last thing we want is to release the game before it is done.

One of the reasons that development is slower than anticipated is that were counting on having more people on the team. Recruitment is not the easiest, and so staffing up has taken longer than hoped. Our new veteran team member is starting work in the beginning of March.
More information.

I wasn't expecting it any earlier than October anyway. I suppose I'd forgotten that they set a June release date in the first place.

A couple of comments from KS:

Jason Rayes on February 18

I'd rather a later release date and a complete game than an unfinished one. Thanks for the heads up

Jamie Dutton on February 17

As long as you keep us in the loop and not in the dark, then do what ya gotta do.

My words too.

Back
Top Bottom