Beamdog - New Blog Updates

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Beamdog has some new updates on their blog that may interest a few of you. The first post offers an overview of the new areas for the Enhanced Editions of Baldur's Gate.

When we created new content for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, we had to develop new areas for your hero to explore. Creating new content for the Infinity Engine isn’t easy due to its complexity, but it all starts out with some squiggly lines scrawled on a whiteboard.
The second post talks about a new patch for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

Beamdog is happy, excited, and proud to announce the upcoming release of the Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Update 1.4. We don’t have a specific release date yet because of the nebulous nature of the update approval process, but we expect the release to happen sometime in the next few weeks. When it does, we’ll post the release notes on the forum and make an announcement here on the Beamblog with the highlights of the update.

What you can expect to see is over 100 improvements and fixes in Update 1.4. Many of them are minor because, let’s face it, the game rocks pretty hard as is. We know how irritating minor glitches can be, though, so we’ve designed the update to address those issues. The release notes will list all the fixes as well as the new features available with the update.
More information.

I heard talk that they are interested in bringing IWDEE improvements into BG1EE/BG2EE but I have not read about any specific plans.

I was just looking for an assessment of whether the PC improvements made it worth updating to this release, instead of just replaying the original or the NWN2 port. Thanks.

I would never recommend a NWN2 port lol. I tried the BG1 port and quit at Friendly Arm Inn. Shame all that effort when base engine sucks so much.

As for original, well you got all BG2 and enhanced edition classes available. It makes it a different experience. For me it was that + I didn't play IWD in a long long time.

I would never recommend a NWN2 port lol. I tried the BG1 port and quit at Friendly Arm Inn. Shame all that effort when base engine sucks so much.

I see. Well I like the NWN2 engine just fine, so that's not a drawback for me.

Adding some AD&D class kits isn't sufficient. Guess I'll wait to see what they do with their post-BG game effort.

Thanks.

I for one am curious to see what those mysterious projects are they're working on. Has there been any word on when those will be revealed? Or any hint as to what they are? If memory serves, there were 2, right? Logic would dictate that one is IWD2... But the other? That BG 1.5 they were hinting at a while ago, that would bridge BG 1 and 2?
I would love for them to tackle PS:T...

I got myself BG:EE a while back and am currently playing it on my tablet, and I gotta say, I'm hooked. It's been a very smooth and enjoyable experience so far. I've even got the wife playing it now, though it's a little "hardcore" for her. :)

One is BG1.5, the other one is some 3d game that is not using IE engine.

They are also talking to wizards all the time and want to do a 5e game. Now that Sword Coast Legends has been announced we know why they didn't get a green light for that (and know why Obsidian went with Pathfinder, I am sure Obsidian knew someone else got the right to make a 5e game).

Ah, right. I found the post.

"Right now all we can say about Project: Beartrap is that it exists and it’s a departure for us in terms of what we’ve done in the past. Also, the project might involve sharks."

Well, poo. Doesn't sound too promising.

Back
Top Bottom