Dragon Age: Inquisition - Review Roundup

Well Gamespot says Dragon Age: Inquisition was originally an MMO.
And they cancelled it as MMO and converted into SP because of?

SimCity debacle? Or?

And they cancelled it as MMO and converted into SP because of?

SimCity debacle? Or?
As Dart said money they spent millions on the MMO game. It was probably more cost effective to keep what they made, and convert it into a Hybrid game instead.

Now I'm curious as to how much they actually spent on development?:thinking:

Last edited:
Money or new CEO?
Something you probably don't know. Sims 4 was supposed to be MMO too. For whatever (probably the same as with DA:I) reason, they scrapped MMO idea and made it SP. ;)

Usually I'd say evil, bad EA, but in this case, can't.
If it was MMO, I'd never ever touch it. Now I have to.
Grrrrr

Money or new CEO?
If I remember it was some younger guy that replaced John Riccitiello. He did a lot of changes to the publisher, and it seems to be working according to the profits.
"By emphasizing player engagement and our digital live services, we've grown revenue, expanded gross margins and delivered EPS well above prior year and our guidance," said Chief Financial Officer Blake Jorgensen. "We are raising our annual non-GAAP net revenue guidance by $75 million to $4.175 billion and annual non-GAAP diluted EPS by $0.20 to $2.05."

Suits follow the money. They don't have the insight required to predict what's happening a few years from now. They look at everything new and shiny as an infinite upwards curve that you can exploit.

Even if they understand that it will eventually break, they don't really care as long as it's still going up.

Not unlike the housing bubble.

MMOs were hot just a few years ago, but lessons learned from SWtOR and a whole bunch of relatively big failures in that segment have probably turned most greedy investors off from going that route.

Copying Skyrim instead sounds exactly like suit thinking to me.

Makes too much sense not to be true, really ;)

The smart suits might figure out that Skyrim doesn't sell because of features, but the actual implementation of those feature. When that happens, they give artists the freedom to implement them in a good way.

With DA:I - I doubt there's enough hungry artists left on the team to make that happen, but the game will show me soon enough.

Copying Skyrim instead sounds exactly like suit thinking to me.

Makes too much sense not to be true, really ;)

The smart suits might figure out that Skyrim doesn't sell because of features, but the actual implementation of those feature. When that happens, they give artists the freedom to implement them in a good way.

I wonder if the same could be said of CD Projekt RED. As they seem to have followed the Skyrim model for the next Witcher game also. Still my most wanted game though.

I wonder if the same could be said of CD Projekt RED. As they seem to have followed the Skyrim model for the next Witcher game also. Still my most wanted game though.
Yes, it is pretty obvious. Skyrim success cannot be ignored.

I doubt that.

When I listen to CDPR developers, I smell passion and talent. You can see it in their eyes - and how they get excited about their work. They almost can't sit still - and you can see how proud they are of what they're doing. They have honest faces and you can see they don't have to think for a split second before talking and answering questions. They just respond immediately, because they seem to trust the truth of their work will be enough.

I don't smell "suits in developer skins" like I do with Bioware developers on video. When I watch an interview with them, I see people saying what they know they should be saying. I'm seeing excitement that's forced and condensed into something that's just enough to generate hype, but not enough to convince me they're really in love with their work.

I trust in my ability to evaluate motivations in that way, but I can't know for sure, obviously.

All we can be certain about is the end product, and I was very impressed with The Witcher 2 - and it smacked of passion and a strong vision. Oh, it had lots of flaws and a few stupid decisions (QTE) - but the overall experience was a work of art. To me, at least.

The third game sounds even better, but I'll go into it with the exact same approach I strive towards with all games.

I try not to let what I want the game to be get in the way of what it actually is. So, only time will tell.

Ha and they said it would take 100-200 hours to finish the game.:biggrin:

Anyway enjoy everyone and it seems the game has good scores once again. I await the comments saying the sites were bribed, or have no journalistic integrity.

Honestly if you needed the money and had to decide:
- Do I wish to eat or rather continue starving, but feel incorruptible by not writing a review that is reviewed by Bioware and all divergent opinions censored in favor for good rating?

This game is AvoidWare IMO, will be a disaster when independent opinions begin flowing.

But in the age of Larian who is putting out mystical THINGS like Divinity: Original Sin that have same ** in them like what McDonalds or Taco Bell puts in their products - Bruce Willis even made a movie about what **THING makes it into "hamburger meat" -, why even bother posting that the product is crap, when lots of people are enjoying that product? Quality doesn't matter to these consumers, so I see no point criticizing this gaming product. I just give it a wide berth.

Last edited:
Honestly if you needed the money and had to decide:
- Do I wish to eat or rather continue starving, but feel incorruptible by not writing a review that is reviewed by Bioware and all divergent opinions censored in favor for good rating?
Once again another member fails to see I was being sarcastic. I really need to stop.:)

Multiplayer doesn't mean MMO. Shadow Realms is a multiplayer only game and probably another game based on project Blackfoot too.
To me it's the same as both require you to be online to play with no SP option.
Dragon Age Inquisition Began As A Multiplayer-Only Game

MMO stands for massively multiplayer online.

It's not rocket science :)
It's called my opinion and last I checked this a forum where we share them.

It's not rocket science :)

To me it does as both require you to be online to play with no SP option.

The first M in MMO stand for Massively. There is nothing massive about Shadow Realms with its 4 players co-op dungeons.

Your both right and I'm wrong as usual as I don't need the headache.:roll:

So problem solved I'm moving on now.;)

Back
Top Bottom