Happy Thanksgiving - Enjoy the Food

I'll raise you one with Eli Roth's Thanksgiving. - NSFW! :)

Well I have been beaten and I must say yours is definitely not NSFW.;)

Sarah Kiser can suck it. I'm against animal cruelty, I donate to those causes, I volunteer at animal shelters and right now I'm fat and happy on turkey and see nothing wrong with it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

... Lets belt out another notch

Yep, I'm an omnivore. I kill and eat veggies and meats, happily. And pie, must kill and eat pie too. :biggrin:

Why doesn't there exist any RPG trying to show the early human days, in which the human being was an omnivore ?

And, by the way, there had been several kinds of omnivored before us ... Robustus, for example, my favourite example ... ;)

"According to biologists and anthropologists who study our anatomy and our evolutionary history, humans are herbivores who are not well suited to eating meat.

Unlike natural carnivores, we are physically and psychologically unable to rip animals limb from limb and eat and digest their raw flesh. Even cooked meat is likely to cause human beings, but not natural carnivores, to suffer from food poisoning, heart disease, and other ailments.

People who pride themselves on being part of the human hunter tradition should take a second look at the story of human evolution. Prehistoric evidence indicates that humans developed hunting skills relatively recently and that most of our short, meat-eating past was spent scavenging and eating almost anything in order to survive; even then, meat was a tiny part of our caloric intake."

http://www.whale.to/a/comp.html

Man I just had to react: what a load of bullshit! Humans are herbivores because we are not as well equipped as carnivores when it comes to eating meat??? By that reasoning humans can also be considered carnivores because we are not as well equipped as herbivores for digesting plant material.
For instance, every exclusive herbivore has some kind of 'special' system to digest cellulose, generally the main sugar-containing component in plant material and very strong (only micro-organisms can break cellulose up into nutricious compounds). A cow has four stomachs (the upper three are actually part of the oesophagus) which function as a serious of reactor vats that cultivate the necessary bacteria to break up the cellulose. Horses have unusually long large intestines for the same purpose. Rabbits have an overdeveloped caecum (equivalent to our 'useless' appendix) to do it, although in that case to make it work properly they need to eat their own poo first. Humans have nothing like that and in fact are completely unable to get anything nutritious from cellulose. Similar things can be said for ways to obtain essential amino acids (that we get mostly from animals), or the fact that I have yet to see an exclusive herbivore with fangs.

The scavenging part may very well be true though, but that just equally shows that we are omnivores par excellence, with a flexible digestion system to make the most out of whatever we run into, and animals (whether meat, fish, seafood, or insects) is a big part of that.

What I take from that is that man overcame his natural disabilities to enjoy tasty, tasty animals.

It's not that we're not carnivores, its that were more evolved than our ancestors!

Back
Top Bottom