Worlds of Magic, Master of Magic spiritual successor

http://store.steampowered.com/app/265970/

It's entering early access next Thursday. The main developer posts on the Codex, and the guys there who are usually cutthroat largely love the game (although it has problems). Apparently all the elements are there for a proper Master of Magic spiritual sequel.

Could this finally be it?

I posted this on the front-page a few hours back. I regularly cover the game as I'm a huge fan of any game that tries to be a proper Master of Magic spiritual sequel.

Though most have failed so time will tell as they say.:please:

At the STEAM forum backers are posting that the Master of Magic 2 is finally there.

At the STEAM forum backers are posting that the Master of Magic 2 is finally there.
Well I never believe what others write all that much, and will hold off on my opinion for when I play the final patched game on release. It's still good news though.

I do admit the latest trailer has me excited, and I even like the song.:cool:

This game is reminding me strongly of Fallen Enchantress. I have no idea why.

I've got this in my Steam library. It's too early for any useful impressions, though it does seem to want to be Master of Magic. So far, it fails utterly - as it's too simple and awkward. I despise the giant units you move around with on the strategic map, and I'm not seeing much in the way of features. But all of that can change, and most of it likely will.

So far, Endless Legend is the MoM clone with the most potential. Fallen Enchantress isn't half-bad, but it's singleplayer only - which means I can't enjoy it. I don't play strategy games like this alone - as it's pointless and will inevitably lead to predictable victory.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/265970/

$40 for an unproven game... that's too much for my liking. I'll wait until it is released and has received positive, lasting feedback.

4X games are better played multiple months or even a year after release. Even Master of Magic was all sorts of messy at initial release and took months of patches.

Back
Top Bottom