Any strategy game enthusiasts?

If you grab Dom 3 I recommend bookmarking this page (not sure how much of it applies to Dom 4)

Most of the stats seem to be roughly the same, though some units have slightly different stats and/or equipment. The problem is that the underlying rulesystem has changed quite a bit, so a lot of the suggested strategies don't really work anymore, in particular those nations who are dependent on powerful magic, as research now takes a lot more time, and most powerful characters now take two turns rather than one to recruit. This means that you can't spam mages the same way that you could in Dom 3 once you had a strong economy. Kailasa still has its two relatively powerful capital only mages that only take 1 turn to recruit, so they can still play the magic game well, but they've suffered a bit in other regards. I tried playing them against the AI once in Dom 4 and found that my old strategy did not work at all.

Anyone playing Eador: Masters of the Broken World? I was wondering if anyone knows how to get antialiasing to work in this game.

Can you force antialiasing through the control panel of your graphics card? I know with mine, I can force AA and AF and override the settings of each individual game.

Yes and uhm…no. Didn't have problems with it and didn't particularly check for it.
You tried to enforce it with your graphics drivers?

Edit: Darn, fluent was faster, same idea ;)

AA works if you disable "Advanced Lighting" in the game options. I like the way that effect looks though, and I don't want to play without it. There seems to some kind of incompatibility between them. It's a known issue that doesn't seem to have a solution yet, or at least not one that I've been able to find.

I've tried forcing it with Nvidia Inspector, but I haven't found an AA compatibility flag that works..

No clue. You'll probably have to wait until the game developers figure it out on their end and implement it properly.

Thanks for this recommendation. This game rocks!! Played it for a few hours yesterday and definitely will be exploring it more.
Your welcome the second game is better in my opinion. Neocore has a few more games made with the same engine, but their different. Here are the game titles

1.Crusaders: Thy Kingdom Come
2.The Kings' Crusade

I also have a link to a list of of Space/Sci-Fi/Fantasy games in 2014.

Link-http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2014/01/a-list-of-spacesci-fifantasy-games-you-cant-miss-in-2014/

Thanks for this recommendation. This game rocks!! Played it for a few hours yesterday and definitely will be exploring it more.
Be a bit careful about who you declare war on, and read the quest descriptions carefully. Don't do what I did during my first attempt and declare war at the wrong guy :( I ended up with with a war that I could not possibly win. There is a set order in which you are supposed to capture the major sites, and if you try to do it out of order, the game will punish you harshly for it. The game might look like a Total War-like game, and it might initially try to fool you into believing that it is, but in the end, it's actually relatively linear. You have a few paths to chose from, but once you've picked a path, don't stray from it.

Be a bit careful about who you declare war on, and read the quest descriptions carefully. Don't do what I did during my first attempt and declare war at the wrong guy :( I ended up with with a war that I could not possibly win. There is a set order in which you are supposed to capture the major sites, and if you try to do it out of order, the game will punish you harshly for it. The game might look like a Total War-like game, and it might initially try to fool you into believing that it is, but in the end, it's actually relatively linear. You have a few paths to chose from, but once you've picked a path, don't stray from it.

Thanks for the tips, but I already screwed up :D. I didn't ally with someone who sent an emissary, he got mad and declared war. I can probably the win the war, MAYBE, but it's stretching me very thin. It's okay, though. I'm going to restart my play-through now that I know what I'm doing a bit more.

Conquest of Elysium 3 is actually a damn good game.

It's a little "light" in that you really can't build cities, or participate in diplomacy or anything, but it makes up for it in other ways. It's like a war game, where the key is to construct well-balanced armies to defeat a host of various foes with different strengths and weaknesses. And of course, explore a large and diverse map.

I'm playing in the Dark Ages time period (there's several different time periods you can play in which alter the game in significant ways), and nature is going wild! There are packs of wild animals and monsters all over the place, and one of my opponents was actually destroyed already by the creatures. Very dangerous time period and very cool to play. Just surviving while simultaneously trying to explore and capture important outposts is a very addictive endeavor.

I started a playthrough of this game on YouTube. First episode will be up later today. Be warned, though. It's going to be a weekly update, if that, so that the next episode won't be out for a week. It's just a game to play on the weekends when I'm not busy with my other playthroughs.

Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/fluentgamingchannel

Back
Top Bottom