Mass Effect Trilogy Will Not Include All DLCs Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Now this is a big bummer for all those interested in the upcoming trilogy package of Mass Effect. BioWare has updated the official website of Mass Effect Trilogy, stating that most of the SP missions that were released in the form of DLCs won’t be featured in this so called ‘complete’ package.

On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.

On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included with Mass Effect, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3.

As you may have noticed, there is no mention about the DLC missions for both ME2 and 3 that were released. No ‘Kasumi: Stolen Memory’, no ‘Arrival’, no ‘Lair of the Shadow Broker’, no ‘Leviathan’ and no ‘Omega’ code for when it’s coming out. Of course, all those DLCs will be available for purchase, meaning that you’ll have to put even more money on the table in order to get the ‘complete’ and ‘full’ Mass Effect experience.

Really in the end I'm not surprised they can make money off the dlc. I saw this coming even before the announcement. Enjoy getting ripped off.

Last edited:
How can you tell if it's a rip-off until you know the price? Or maybe the price is known? Will the DLC price be dropped?

You see, if I hadn't already played the game, I would much rather buy the three base games for cheap then pick from a list of discounted DLC. I wouldn't want to have to pay for DLC that I don't want - which is most of them.

How can you tell if it's a rip-off until you know the price? Or maybe the price is known? Will the DLC price be dropped?

You see, if I hadn't already played the game, I would much rather buy the three base games for cheap then pick from a list of discounted DLC. I wouldn't want to have to pay for DLC that I don't want - which is most of them.

Link-http://www.masseffect.com/about/trilogy/

Good it's your choice. It's still not a full collection or game of the year just a cash grab for the holidays. The collection will cost $60 and the dlc is still full priced no discount. The same as usual they wont lower it.

Typical EA business. Have people buy all there games and make another $60+ off new dlc buyers. The only plus side is the PS3 is getting a remake of ME1 after this release for $15.

really no point in crying as its obvious it wouldn't include DLC for ME3 since there is still more to be released. of course it sucks the prior games don't have it but, i'm not sure how trilogy and complete are found to be the same word or meaning...

really no point in crying as its obvious it wouldn't include DLC for ME3 since there is still more to be released. of course it sucks the prior games don't have it but, i'm not sure how trilogy and complete are found to be the same word or meaning…

I'm not crying over ME3. I'm bitching about all the paid dlc for ME2 wont be included. Sigh why do I bother anymore.

This is for the buyers of the trilogy as I have piratebay to thank for saving me $120 for all the dlc. Yes I feel no remorse doing so either. I'll do the same for ME3 with the countless dlc incoming.

On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.

Blah. Too much DLC for an a la carte approach. Too little for the "just give me the whole thing in a box" approach. I expect something else will come out next year.

This is for the buyers of the trilogy as I have piratebay to thank for saving me $120 for all the dlc. Yes I feel no remorse doing so either. I'll do the same for ME3 with the countless dlc incoming.
Which is why EA and Bioware shouldn't give a rat's ass about what you think. If anything, they should be TRYING to displease you as much as possible. (Preferably via the court system.)

Which is why EA and Bioware shouldn't give a rat's ass about what you think. If anything, they should be TRYING to displease you as much as possible. (Preferably via the court system.)

Whatever I heard it all before. Seems your the one that's bothered not Bioware. I also purchase many games so really I don't care.

Last edited:
Of course it won't include all DLCs.

Tht would be diametrally against EA's business policy, especially against "Project 10 Dollar".

EA views DLC twofold now :

- implicite DRM ( all those who want them would have to buy them online, and that' a sure way to detect pirates ! )

- a way to earn more money. I thought that this was alredy clear through the descriptions of "Project 10 Dollar" ? If a used game gets sold, people ould probably like to have the DLC, too. Result for EA's business : 2 x paid DLC sold ! That's a good thing in their eyes !

Back
Top Bottom