Original Sin - Post-Funding Update #66

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Kickstarter page for Divinity Original Sin has been updated with the news that they have won the Gamespot PC game of the year award, being named by RPS the Bestest Best Kickstarter of 2014 and winning the Best RPG in Spain. For this update they also made a 16 minute video:

This also contains info on using DOS with a controller, the hardcore mode, the economy of the game, redesigning how the main story is told and the stories of the companions, banter between the companions, the Linux version, tweaks to the engine to better utilize high power gaming rigs, perfermonce improvements which also could allow creation of persistent campaigns, positions for a job at Larian Studios and the new RPG(s) for which there is actually no news.

In addition there is also a 9 minute video in which they look back to what happened in 2014.

More information.

This all sounds awesome. And the part about D:OS possible having persistent worlds support like NWN1 and 2 could be a game changer. D:OS engine is much better than NWN1 or 2, it would be awesome to play user made worlds online.

great stuff really looking forward to what they have for us

Now I'm glad I got sidetracked to other things about a dozen hours in (as always, too many games, too little time)... I'll wait until the new fixes and improvements are in and start it over.

So...nobody is going to complain about them using a controller?;)

So…nobody is going to complain about them using a controller?;)
What no one did one yet?

Well I guess I have to do the obligatory rant post.:)

"How dare you betray all of your loyal PC user base by playing such a superior PC game with a controller meant for consoles. Till you get rid of the controller I will not bother to support a developer who claims to love the PC.

My life is now ruined and I blame you Swen Vincke."

I probably should of made it more illiterate as most of these posts seem like they are written by children having a temper tantrum. So how did I do?:biggrin:

What no one did one yet?

"How dare you betray all of you s loyal PC user base by playing such a superior PC game with a controller meant for consoles. Till you get rid of the controller I will not bother to support a developer who claims to love the PC.

I probably should of made it more illiterate as most of these posts seem like they are written by children having a temper tantrum. So how did I do?:biggrin:

Not bad….welcome back btw.

You would have done a lot better if you were a good potato instead of an evil one.

What no one did one yet?

"How dare you betray all of your loyal PC user base by playing such a superior PC game with a controller meant for consoles. Till you get rid of the controller I will not bother to support a developer who claims to love the PC.

I don't think people mind when dogs get the table scraps - its when you set a place at the table for the dog, or kick a real person to the floor and give the dog their seat at the table is when there is a problem.

Using controllers to play PC games is like running a 5k in high heels. It's weird, unnecessary, inconvenient, savage, and sane people will look at you funny. There is a much better way to do it.

Science, technology, the future, star travel, racial and gender equality, space age polymers, keyboard & mouse and civilized UIs and keybindings (or gamepad and mouse), calculus, and justice for all. Amen.

Who cares as long as it's optional?
Unlike most games these days, D:OS was designed for a keyboard & mouse, and the controller was just an afterthought... not the other way around.

I have a super-expensive controller that I bought for the game of life. I call it Wife ;)

Back
Top Bottom