Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments

Anyone hear anything about this game? From the extensive gameplay demo, it looks quite interesting. And I like the whole process of investigation. Lookin for clues, examining suspects, making assumptions/deductions, etc. Looks very well thought out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiZGWSKKsdI

Seriously, no one else thinks this looks cool? I think the mix of different gameplay modes is quite interesting.
Well people don't always post in every topic. and its something I mentioned before in my threads. It does get annoying but there is nothing you can do about it.

As for the game I can't give an opinion as I'm not interested in it. Sorry.:blush:

I've tried most of their previous games:

Sherlock Holmes: Mystery of the Mummy (2002)
Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Silver Earring (2004)
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened (2006)
Sherlock Holmes versus Arsène Lupin (2007)
Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper (2009)

And I never managed to complete a single one. They always and without fail take the most obscure and illogical twists combined with appalling mechanics failures and utterly ridiculous puzzling. I've no idea how they've managed to keep financing the franchise, not one of them is a winner.

Maybe this latest one is the one that works. One thing's for sure, I'm not buying it new…

After putting so much emphasis on a request for feedback, I'm a bit surprised you've now gone silent when someone has engaged the thread?

Have you ever played any of the previous games? Did you try the new one? Have you seen any feedback about it anywhere else? Have you ever played any of these sorts of games before?

Really, the games are so generally unheard of I rarely get the chance to even share my disappointment with them with anyone, but they must make them for someone, someone must like them!?!

After putting so much emphasis on a request for feedback, I'm a bit surprised you've now gone silent when someone has engaged the thread?

Have you ever played any of the previous games? Did you try the new one? Have you seen any feedback about it anywhere else? Have you ever played any of these sorts of games before?

Really, the games are so generally unheard of I rarely get the chance to even share my disappointment with them with anyone, but they must make them for someone, someone must like them!?!

I've not played the other games in the series. I can't say I'm a big fan of the character. But I've see a couple of movies, and found them somewhat interesting. I like the mind games and puzzles in investigating a crime scene.

And I found the gameplay in this one interesting. I like the idea of following the crime scenes, finding clues, and putting things head to head. And devising a theory on what happened.

Yes, that's why most people pick these games up :)

Here's a playthrough of someone playing Mystery of the Mummy properly blind. Really, dedicate some time to the vid, it's well worth the build up over the many episodes.

4 hour blind let's play of Mystery of the Mummy in 24 episodes, swear-word multiplier per episode

Mystery of the Mummy is one of those games you recommend someone to play because it's an example of just how bad a game can be, you know, for the entertainment value in calculating the amount and variety of swear words the player can create while playing it. A bit like that famous Mario video or people who recommend each other play Sonic 06 or ET.

Back
Top Bottom