Deadrock Divide - Unsuccessfully Funded

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bootsnake Games announces that Deadrock Divide has failed to get funded, and has posted a reply on the future of the studio.

The Future of Bootsnake and Deadrock Divide

With the Kickstarter winding down, its time for us to talk about what is next for the game and for us.

We want to thank everyone for backing the project. It's no small thing to us that people see Deadrock Divide and want to spend time in our edge of the galaxy. We think we have a great game in the works and we are very happy many of you think the same.

We weren't quite able to capture the hearts and minds of enough people to get the game funded. This is not deterring us from working on Deadrock Divide. The game will continue to go forward for now.

What does this mean?

We are going to start the process of looking for other funding options. Our number one goal with the Kickstarter was to remain independent. We very much want to make this game, so we will look at other avenues to make it happen. This does not prevent us from doing another Kickstarter, but we will have to step back and take a look at options before we choose.

Deadrock Divide may have to change in some manner to allow us to get it out the door. Our number one priority is to make an amazing open world turn-based RPG. And we are confidant we will make that happen.
More information.

I hope they find a way to fund this game. I played the pre-alpha for a little while yesterday, and I can definitely say this game has a LOT of potential.

Doesn't look bad at all. First I heard of it, though.

First I've heard of it. I must have missed the previous news stories. Ah well.

Back
Top Bottom