Things you don't need to know...

I believe 101 Things To Do With A Dead Cat is still available from Amazon!! :)

In deed it is. Only 19 left.

pibbur who assumes that buying this will provoke hostile reactions from his daughters, and his currently living cat.

My wife was giddy with joy when I went back home today, she told me she was pregnant again! We initially wanted two children, but after we're had our daughter early this year we decided it might be a good idea to go up to three.

I thought it would happen later, but well, I suppose some things have logical consequences (
icon10.gif
), and it's all good anyway since she wanted to stay home to take care of the kids until they are older, so she can resume her university degree after. In that sense it's good we have three children just a few years apart, it means she'll still be relatively young when she goes back (she is in her mid-twenties, while I am 33).

Thank the Lord for blessing my family yet again! After a son and this year a daughter, I'm secretly hoping He's giving me a second son! :D

Once in a lifetime 2 persons share a special year, because of the commutative law of addition modulo 100:

My mother was born 1946
I was born 1968

in 2014 I'll will be 46
and my mum 68 ;)

I don't know whether this is a serious web page or not, but here is something very interesting you don't need to know, if its true : http://injury.findlaw.com/product-l...p-case-separating-mcfacts-from-mcfiction.html

Yes, it's quite interesting. There are a lot of stories about apparently frivolous american lawsuits circulating in (especially european?) media. While some of them are maybe for real, many are not, and some, like this one, are not quite as presented in the stories. We like to make fun of the US, but it's not always justified.

We've had our share of those in Norway as well, mostly in the form of seemingly neverending streams of lawsuits and appeals. Like the case about the antenna which one neighbour claimed was unlawfully mounted on his (outside) wall, a claim the court didn't quite agree with. Which the neighbour wasn't particularly happy with. Appeals and claims of disqualifications (which were rejected and duly appealed) ensued. Long after the neighbour who owned the antenna had dismounted it (which left 6 screw holes!!!!) and left the premises, the case continued. Of course reports about it in the media, received their share of complaints (which were rejected).

Both neighbours worked at the university.

pibbur who as a doctor also responsible for public health and hygiene in the community where he worked, quite regularly ran into neigbours hating each other, presented as complains (and counter-complaints) about sewage problems. Always sewage problems.

There is a TV show about how to get from "Sydney to Tokyo by any means". Obviously the main thing here is Sydney and it's surroundings and "I'll do anyhing to get away from there". No surprise, given their peculiar obsession with cricket, and (according to another tv show) the existence of 72 dangerous species down there, human inhabitants for some reason excluded. You also need to get most of what they say in writing, due to their … interesting implementation of spoken english. :) (same applies of course to a lot of norwegian english wannabe speakers).

Pibbur who of course also wonders why anyone would go to Tokyo. And why he himself will be going to San Antonio in january.

Btw: any watchers living in SA?

There is a TV show about how to get from "Sydney to Tokyo by any means". Obviously the main thing here is Sydney and it's surroundings and "I'll do anyhing to get away from there". No surprise, given their peculiar obsession with cricket, and (according to another tv show) the existence of 72 dangerous species down there, human inhabitants for some reason excluded. You also need to get most of what they say in writing, due to their … interesting implementation of spoken english. :) (same applies of course to a lot of norwegian english wannabe speakers).

Pibbur who of course also wonders why anyone would go to Tokyo. And why he himself will be going to San Antonio in january.

Btw: any watchers living in SA?

Beware of the gun-toting vigilantes watching for illegal aliens. ;)

Though not as safe as he would be in the armpits of Australia, er I mean Sydney!! :)

I decided I really, really need to get out of my house and get a change of scenery. I work from home and since I have a small family I spend most of my time in the evening too.

I didn't want to so far because I go to Quebec City on a regular basis for work and I felt kinda guilty about leaving my wife with our two very young children but she said it is OK and I need the break due to my high stress job.

I also need to use my stupid Aeroplan miles (frequent flyer program) before they expire, and my destinations are limited because most airlines saddle you with BS "fuel surcharges".

I'm also terribly shy about going somewhere where I don't know the language.

So far I have resolved to go to two locations within a short timespan, one relatively close and one that's far.

I will probably first go to Vancouver because I wanted to go to some luxury watches stores there and if I go to such a store abroad I will get extorted on my way back into Canada. It also came as recommended by quite a few people I know, and if I want to use my Aeroplan miles and escape the winter cold without having to face fuel surcharges it is more or less my only option.

My second destination a bit later will probably be Sydney somewhere in late January, as it corresponds to all my criteria: a remote place, French or English is commonly spoken, very warm climate to escape the dreadful cold, laid back place, the amneties of modern civilization, etc.

I will be put in the awkward situation of having to wear my fur winter coat solely to enter and exit the car that will lead me up to the airport, and looking hugely out of place once arrived down under.

Last edited:
Sydney is definitely not a laid back city; it's very much like Toronto. If you really want laid back then depending on the time of year go to either Brisbane or Cairns. Cairns is marvelous in June- September and you have the GBR close by. Plus, in both Brisbane and Cairns the people are very friendly which is a lot more than can be said for Sydney!! :)

Back
Top Bottom