Fallout: NV - almost had a fun, trashy romance

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
With the news that Fallout 4 will have romance comes the revelation from Josh Sawyer that Fallout New Vegas almost had one too.

"We actually had some ideas for characters that would... like in one story draft we had, Cass would get drunk with the protagonist and then would wake up with The King having married them at The King's School of Impersonation. That seemed very Vegas, but we were also like, that's kind of a complicated series of events, so we decided not to do it. But it's also in the vein of the Fallout 2 more humorous romance, rather than in-depth and serious. It'll be interesting to see how Bethesda approaches that in Fallout 4."
Click here to read the whole article.

More information.

The Yes Man always seemed willing. You can rest assured BioWare would've been thumping some gay robot sex.

Bethesda following BioWare's lead? Another reason for my interest in FO4 to drop further.

The Yes Man always seemed willing. You can rest assured BioWare would've been thumping some gay robot sex.

Bethesda following BioWare's lead? Another reason for my interest in FO4 to drop further.
Well this is old news as Pete Hines announced at E3 every companion is romanceable in Fallout 4. Personally I have no problem with it as I play BioWare games.

To bad Obsidian is terrible at romance in their games. As marrying Cass would of been hilarious. Obsidian even mention this happening in Fallout NV's end game slideshow.

Link - http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_endings

Last edited:
Yeah, but does it really belong in a Fallout game? Ask yourself that. :) Fallout isn't Bioware.

The companion dialogue options were detailed and excellently written in NV; (Veronica and Cass especially for me) however whilst I can't really imagine this degree of depth is set to continue, it'd be nice to be surprised.

Yeah, but does it really belong in a Fallout game? Ask yourself that. :) Fallout isn't Bioware.
Well both Fallout 1&2 had sex and marriage options. So really nothing new here. I just worry that Bethesda doesn't have the writing talent to do romance right.:uneasy:

Well, at least we'll get to see more humor in Fallout IV. But...twelve...is it(eat that, Bioware)? Must be, they've hidden twelve special amulets in the Wasteland, for all the intrepid explorers to discover.
Eh, what does intrepid mean in english anyway? It sounded right.

I'd prefer they didn't waste time and resources on romance, but that's just me.

Glad someone posted that, seems like a huge waste. Then again I waste zero time playing around with the size of my characters nose as well.

Back
Top Bottom