Blizzard - The Future of The Diablo Series

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well it seems the next Diablo game wont be a full MMO, but will be a four player co-op game according to a new post on GameranX. So whats your opinion?

Blizzard talked about Diablo and the franchise’s future in the recent Blizzcon. You can rest assured of one thing; they have no plans to make it an MMO.

This comes from the company’s lead content designer, Kevin Martens. Blizzard did have plans to make an MMO Diablo, but they have lost interest from a design perspective, so the idea has been abandoned completely.

On the contrary, Blizzard has become invested in the idea of a four person party playing the game, and the possibilities these limitations create for game experiences. They have been asked about upping the number of players to five, but Diablo 3 was built around a four person experience, and they are no longer interested in changing that.
More information.

I finally bit the bullet and bought Diablo 3 when it was on sale a few weeks back. And I must admit, I thoroughly enjoyed playing it, but as a single player/solo game.

I have absolutely no interest in playing with other people, so this news saddens me. I guess I won't be playing Diablo 4 :-(

Blizzard is all about profit.
They want to create the everlasting game. And that means huge emphasys on multiplayer
If they dont succeed in making an esport, they just want to get you addicted to something useless.
last south park episode is great. - if you can take that and put it into a game. That would be a meaningful game ) .. not fuckin Blizzard puke

I finally bit the bullet and bought Diablo 3 when it was on sale a few weeks back. And I must admit, I thoroughly enjoyed playing it, but as a single player/solo game.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! The game is super fun for a full playthrough! I wish I hadn't played it back at release when it was a total disaster. Anyway, I had fun with D3...but my loot habit game is Path of Exile, which is not only free but so deep. I probably log in every other day for an hour or so. It is just super fun.

Basically, I view D3 like Torchlight 2. Both fun for a playthrough or two...but neither has much depth and they actually get really boring and disappointing the more you play them.

I don't want a fucking party game when playing Diablo. To hell with this four player co-op trend. Give me a proper anti-social experience, thank you very much…

Besides, are they discussing what form Diablo 4 should take? They must have their numbers wrong, I'm still waiting for Diablo 3.

Funny enough, I actually find Diablo 3 so boring by myself. I always play with hubby or my clan members :) Sort of like WoW experience but more casual. I find people are so much nicer because there's no need to compete for the loot (especially if you've known them for a while).

Back
Top Bottom