Digitally Downloaded -Overlooked Games of 2014

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Digitally Downloaded has a new list of of ten games from 2014 that were overlooked.

Before we get fully into the new year, I thought we'd take one last look at the year that was. Specifically, games that came and went in 2014 with barely a ripple. Oh sure, these games were released, reviewed, and some people bought them, but as the year wore on these games were all but forgotten. People stopped talking about them on social media, there were no "looking back" articles, and they rarely featured in the end of year awards nominations.
Some of the games include Paper Sorcerer, Bound By Flame, and a few more.

More information.

Paper Sorcerer was one of my fave games last year, I hope it's designer makes a sequel.

Daniel.

Yeah, I found Paper Sorcerer surprisingly fun despite being simplistic and somewhat buggy.

If he ever makes a sequel, I hope the levels are a lot larger and more complex.

Ditto Paper Sorcerer.

Paper Sorcerer was one of my fave games last year, I hope it's designer makes a sequel.

I agree as it was a unique RPG gem from last year. I feel bad about not doing an interview with the developer, but I was just starting to write for the site.

I really loved Paper Sorcerer - one of my favorites of last year. I actually liked the music - I paid the extra in the Kickstarter for the soundtrack.

I haven't played Paper Sorcerer, I think I read it was too short (like 15 hours?)
I played Nier (Drakengard 2?) in my PS3, I liked it, but one thing I didn't like is that you had to play the game 2 or 3 times to get the whole story. Since I never replay RPGs, I only saw the first (sad) ending. Not interested in Drakengard 3 as it seems to be too twitchy (combo-heavy).
Tears to Tiara 2 is a game I enjoyed (also in my PS3).

Back
Top Bottom