Pillars of Eternity - Patch 1.03 Notes Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Obsisidan released the patch notes for the first patch for Pillars of Eternity. Based on the patch notes it should correct most stat bugs, but not some of the other major bugs.

These are the tentative patch notes for the upcoming patch 1.03 release. These may change before it is finally released. This patch is currently in test, and will be released as soon as is possible. Thank you everyone for your patience with us!!
More information.

OK, both of the infamous bugs that alter stats permanently have been fixed and the solution is retroactive. I will wait a little longer though, better safe than sorry. No one know what other nasty bugs lurk in there.
In the mean time I will try different classes to choose one that's best for me.

Having read the strategy guide from cover to cover, I am ready to start my hearth orlan?-slave-barbarian now. I'm still pondering if its worth waiting for a little longer. Maybe I'll start to download anyways.

I have three options, Chanter, Paladin and Cipher. Chanter seems like the best option so far.

I love my monk, she does most damage in my party.

i hear wizards are underpowered in this game, is it true? usually i prefer wizard class for my avatar

i hear wizards are underpowered in this game, is it true? usually i prefer wizard class for my avatar
They are one of the most useful classes. They are just not as good as in BG games.

People saying that just want a unbalanced DPS powerhouse like in late BG, PoE wizards are not like that. They are the best class for debuff and CC and got a few good damaging spells, although most have friendly fire so hard to land in some cases. If you want DPS spellcaster go Druids or Cipher (more single target).

Yeah, wizard's spells need to be picked with caution because, in close combat, their AOEs are as dangerous to a foe as they are to a friend…

after getting owned by shadows in the temple on hard, i dialed it down to normal and i'm still getting owned by 5 shadows in the temple. i guess i like this game.

AoE's are the challenge with mages. You have to really plan out positioning before you engage: stealth up a scout, measure up opponents, arrange your party so foes walk into AoE circles or cones… having a stealthy rogue spot and draw and then go invisible seems to be good approach for this, but rogue needs to be fast enough to get out of AoE span or he/she can get a bit too warm on the hind-quarters. :)

From my perspective, the way mages are in the game is a "good" kind of challenge, but YMMV.

My only real wish for mages is sequencers. I lived and died (but not often) by leveraging my sequencers appropriately in BG2. I miss that "shields up" auto-stuff and wish they could patch or DLC that stuff in later.

I read the patch notes, but couldn't find anything: Is there something they did for more stability on 32 bit OS? I get CTDs at area transitions VERY often. It's kinda annoying...

Yeah, wizard's spells need to be picked with caution because, in close combat, their AOEs are as dangerous to a foe as they are to a friend…

I nearly killed half of my party first time I casted Rolling Flame :D

I read the patch notes, but couldn't find anything: Is there something they did for more stability on 32 bit OS? I get CTDs at area transitions VERY often. It's kinda annoying…

Na, I think they won't do this. It seems to be a regular Unity problem, because Wasteland 2 had it, too.

Look at the bright side: Another Obsidian game (KotOR 2) had the same problem, but it took about four times as long to get back into the game than it does in PoE.

after getting owned by shadows in the temple on hard, i dialed it down to normal and i'm still getting owned by 5 shadows in the temple. i guess i like this game.

It may help to look at the bestiary... I used it to tune my crafting activities.

I think crafting is pretty much hit and miss. You can't buy crafting stuff, at least in the early game, so you've constantly got to go into inventory to see what can be made, then decide which one person out of 6 gets something. There needs to be more crafting ingredients, or it just seems pointless. Either that or you should be able to uncraft items and get your components back.

I read the patch notes, but couldn't find anything: Is there something they did for more stability on 32 bit OS? I get CTDs at area transitions VERY often. It's kinda annoying…

This is a major problem in Unity, not only for Wasteland, but for Expedition:Conquistidors as well, if I remember correctly. Ubisoft also originally planned to have Might and Magic X for 32 bit systems, but abandoned this, because of the problems unity was making.

I think crafting is pretty much hit and miss. You can't buy crafting stuff, at least in the early game, so you've constantly got to go into inventory to see what can be made, then decide which one person out of 6 gets something. There needs to be more crafting ingredients, or it just seems pointless. Either that or you should be able to uncraft items and get your components back.

Either that, or it looks like you satisfy the requirements but it says you don't. Must be a bug, I guess.

This is a major problem in Unity, not only for Wasteland, but for Expedition:Conquistidors as well, if I remember correctly. Ubisoft also originally planned to have Might and Magic X for 32 bit systems, but abandoned this because of the problems unity was making.

After taking our money and changing it just prior to release… :mad:

Back
Top Bottom