Skyblivion - The First Dawn Trailer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The mod team for Skyblivion has released a new teaser trailer. The trailer shows the first dungeon scene with new graphics made in Skyrim's game engine.

DISCLAIMER: Skyblivion is very early in development and as you might have noticed textures and models are pretty much untouched at this point, this is where YOU come in. In order to do this project right we will need help from the community with either the development or simply spreading the word so that we can get people interested in helping out with this project (just like Skywind)

This trailer shows what everything that might/will happen to you within your first 24 hours in Cyrodil. Escape prison, find your way through the sewers, encounter bandits in a nearby ruin, find a cave guarded by goblins, explore nature and find your way to the imperial city.
More information.

Last edited:
Sure, it looks good but was the original that horrible? I mean this will take years probably to actually finish. Wasn't Daggerfall going to be redone also? I think that is still incomplete. I suppose I shouldn't be complaining if someone wants to do this but wonder if it is really necessary. I'm sure if it ever does get done I will try it however.

And let's remember that they also work on Skywind. Finishing any of this projects looks like a daunting task but working on both at the same time?

And let's remember that they also work on Skywind. Finishing any of this projects looks like a daunting task but working on both at the same time?

No, they are two different teams.

hookay, my mistake!

I have to agree with @Eliot69 this project seems a bit pointless. There are so many games out there which would benefit a whole lot more from a fan update.
However, I see no harm in people wanting to do this and I wish them all the best in their endeavor.

Problem with these projects is that they take so long that the next TES game will be out when it's done, which makes it seem like a bit of a waste.

I wouldn't want to play Morrowind with the Oblivion engine after Skyrim. Then again, I'm one of those sinful gamers that enjoy technological advancement a lot.

Right now it looks a little worse than Oblivion with a decent graphics pack. I'm sure it will improve. Not sure why I'd play it though.

I wouldn't want to play Morrowind with the Oblivion engine after Skyrim. Then again, I'm one of those sinful gamers that enjoy technological advancement a lot.
There is a Skywind project: Morrowind with Skyrim engine. But, as you have pointed out, most probably the next TES game will be out before this one will be ready (IF it will ever be ready).

Oblivion with some texture packs and tweaked details here and there looks amazing. Not sure upgrading it to the Skyrim engine is really a huge improvement at this point like it would be for Morrowind.

Still, more power to them. Hoping these projects get finished someday and we get to play them.

Never happened yet Fluent.

Oblivion with some texture packs and tweaked details here and there looks amazing. Not sure upgrading it to the Skyrim engine is really a huge improvement at this point like it would be for Morrowind.

Still, more power to them. Hoping these projects get finished someday and we get to play them.

Anything that gets rid of the god-awful character faces in Oblivion would be worth it. That being said, Morrowind certainly seems a better candidate for such an update.

Anything that gets rid of the god-awful character faces in Oblivion would be worth it. That being said, Morrowind certainly seems a better candidate for such an update.

One of the first mods that ever came out for Oblivion was a fix for the character faces, pretty sure it's been upgraded or even better mods to fix that issue has come out since then.

Back
Top Bottom